Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wolwol

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After depositing $300 into carbon, after about two weeks of playing there, i promptly withdrew the $200 out of 210 it would allow me to withdraw, with the intention of forfeiting that 10 dollars freeroll winning, $250+ uncleared bonus for a number of reasons.

1. the player traffic is very low

2. the nature of and frequency of the badbeats that i witnessed at carbon poker (in hands that i was involved in or not) quite amazed me and i have to agree that it's reputation for being "fantasy poker" makes perfect sense.

in situations where most poker pundits will tell you to jam the pot with wild abandon, (i.e highest possible fullhouse by river), you had better not because the unlikely quads or straight flush holder will be right there smiling with/at...and consoling you in the end.lol. infact, i can hardly remember more than one top full house holding up for me and i must have seen more quads and straightflushes on this low traffic site in my two weeks there than i've seen in all my playing time at PS,Titan, and Fulltilt put together. lol.

3)alright...LET'S DISMISS THE ABOVE REPORT ALTOGETHER: simply, try their backgammon software (PLAYMONEY OR REAL).

backgammon is regarded as a game of skill...perhaps little more so than poker.unless they have actually read my notes/ (others' similar notes)and taken measures to correct things, you'll be flabbergasted.

Ladies and gentlemen, if the same random number generator that generates their dice rolls in their backgammon room is the same one that generates their poker flops, Carbon poker would be the first officially rigged pokerroom.(and i would say probably without their trying to be. lol).

-how can you explain seeing 6-7 consecutive doubles rolled again and again and in different situations.

-how about 6-7 consecutive doubles, next player rolls something ordinary followed by same player who rolled 6-7 consecutive doubles starting another run of 6-7 consecutive doubles. lol.

when it first happened in a play money game i played, i dismissed it as dumb luck. but I saw similar events (and perhaps more preposterous ones) in realmoney games i was involved in as well as others i was not playing in.

I would say my experience with their backgammon room was more of a factor in my prompt withdrawal from their site than any other reason. (and i do love poker more byfar).

their freerolls ARE very attractive...there's even a $50000 once a month one that was easy for me to qualify for. but even that could not convince me to stay.

even though i lost 100 dollars in the actual money i deposited, forfeited 250+ bonus still left to clear, and will missout on very attractive freerolls that i can easily qualify for, there is no doubt in my mind i made a good fold by taking my 200 (+ $120 courtesy a PSO promotion) and running fast! lol.

in the end, when it comes to their software (i can't really say for their other features...their withdrawal did take more than a week instead of 48 hours but it's pardonable), I would lean towards seeing them more as incompetent when it comes to their software rather than rigged...innocently incompentent.lol.(perhaps because i love their smiley face features in their chat. lol...but cute is just not the same as competent).

* i kind of feel bad writing this about them because they are young and perhaps inexperienced but maybe still working hard to improve and offer a good experience...but honestly, that is what i experienced about a month ago when i tried them out...and we know how crucial first impression is.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your review. I will suggest you return in a month or so to your $10 to see what has or has not changed. It could be that in the big world of random distribution, you blundered in at a time when your mindset was to the left of the bell curve while the flops were decidedly to the right, if you know what I mean.

Carbon is not in the threads all that much, so any review leaning either pro or con will tend to stick in the minds of readers, and in an effort to be as fair as reasonably possible, I again you suggest you visit your $10 again in about a month, then find this thread again, and either reinforce your original contention, or counter it.

W

wolwol

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks dj.

i've contemplated doing just that. my memories playing there, though, is quite fresh and traumatic and it took a strong "do it now" frame of mind for me to decide to leave there (given the potential gains i was to give up). I think more like a year later, when my memory is faint and i'm up to putting myself through misery, i may just do that.lol. at least the chances of my being biased against them would be significant reduced by then...i hope, to make for a fair review.

Status
Not open for further replies.