Carbon anyone?

soccerrunner8098

soccerrunner8098

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who wants to send me a buck on Carbon? Just kidding, but I am getting frustrated that my deposit isn't going through. No stars or FT is killing me. I can't stand playing with play chips on Carbon now (pointless) and the freerolls are ridiculous. Tried to place in a freeroll tonight to get the bankroll started. Tourney started with 4,300 people and paid 24...and of course I get 44th. Wasted a few hours of my life, but still played amazing for no profit...

NascarFanSS

NascarFanSS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i pulled out a 31st in that dumb tourney the other night i wasnt too happy bout that.lol try looking into the private freerolls there are a couple that you gotta work for but if you can make it happen they are worth getting into. i have built a small bankroll from those in just a week.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
First time I played on Carbon I played in one of those - 4,000 entrants, Top10 pd. I came in 11th. So don't feel so bad.
I've never deposited on Carbon (but will need to one of these days... soon), started a bankroll on there with a $2 cash in a priv. freeroll (no.. not in one of those 4,000 entrants ones... the 11th was the first & last time I ever played in one of those). Built that $2 to a 4-digit bankroll.. & still hate that site, lol.
Recognized a few sn's on there a couple of nights ago (same ones as players used on FTP), who were members of another forum.... felt great to felt a guy HU with 73s v AK (TPTK). A few mins. later it was pkt. 99's flopping a set that had two others stacking off with TopPr. hands... weeeee!!!
Go for a cash in the CC freeroll on Carbon... although it seems to have gotten alot more popular this past week.

soccerrunner8098

soccerrunner8098

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys. I'll look at the private freerolls and thank god for CC and their freerolls. That's the main reason I chose to try Carbon instead of other US friendly sites because of the CC freerolls. Hopefully I can hit some cash soon and build a big br like you PO, I sure as hell need it

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try the steps S&G's, change playmoney chipies for a ticket for step1, win a step3 get $1.

neil1603

neil1603

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try the steps S&G's, change playmoney chipies for a ticket for step1, win a step3 get $1.

Once you score $1 in that play the evening "Fast Fifty" that will cost you $0.50 + 0.10 they are easy to cash in and if luck is on your side not to hard to win. Winning one of these gets you $15 approx then hit the cash tables. :)

NascarFanSS

NascarFanSS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Made 3$ in a freeroll on Carbon a couple days ago and have worked it up to 62$ playing 2$ sngs 10-180man.

Has anyone else been successful in turning a few bucks into a true BR?

Also, what tourneys are people playing on Carbon? I'm interested in seeing some familiar faces so let me know.

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
br

Once in awhile,I play the double-up sngs,they have $1 and $2 ones.Im usually on late night tho..
When I cashout,,I try to leave 5-10 dollars ,so I can start over building a roll again.....

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish those steps games had PLO and PLO8. I would be there all day. I just cant see playing NLHE all day. I must stay sharp in my games.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once in awhile,I play the double-up sngs,they have $1 and $2 ones.Im usually on late night tho..
When I cashout,,I try to leave 5-10 dollars ,so I can start over building a roll again.....

These are somewhat easy but for some reason a lot harder than the ones they used to have at PS. I play the PLO games at Carbon only problem is they take over an hour to fill sometime.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

ya u can trade in 250 playmoney chips which i guess you can reload once an hour to 5,000 chips - so you can play 10 step 1's a day. (limit on number of tickets you can buy per day)

you have to get 1-3 for step 2, then 1-2 for a step 3, then finish 1st for a dollar lolz.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone else been successful in turning a few bucks into a true BR?
Yup, I have never deposited into a site with my own money(except when transferring from one site to another, but those are winnings, nothing else). So I went from $0 up to about $3500. Not much but I'm still working on it. Bankroll Management is key and from what you posted earlier, you aren't doing that at all and are prone to blowing that $62 you have luckily won.

How do I receive the password for the freeroll in the cardschat in carbon?
Read: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-freerolls-31/platinum-level-freeroll-club-sign-up-452868/ It isn't going to happen overnight, only members who are active and benefit the community get access.

gefishy

gefishy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, Carbon Poker... I am a pretty decent fan. They have a pretty captive audience considering they are the only site that is half-way decent while catering to U.S. players. The population is increasing which is nice, and the ring games are usually pretty fun.

I still miss Full Tilt though. My suggestion for those who are trying to make it on Carbon: Play the ring games at micro-level very conservatively. You won't lose a lot of money and you will win more than you lose. It is a slow poke way to go but if you don't want to deposit, it is a solid plan.

NascarFanSS

NascarFanSS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup, I have never deposited into a site with my own money(except when transferring from one site to another, but those are winnings, nothing else). So I went from $0 up to about $3500. Not much but I'm still working on it. Bankroll Management is key and from what you posted earlier, you aren't doing that at all and are prone to blowing that $62 you have luckily won.

I was just curious of those coming over to carbon such as i due to black friday and if anyone has had any luck yet?

I as you have not deposited cash on sites and prefer to work my way up from nothing as it is the most gratifying. I won over a few grand on FT in the months of Jan. and Feb. and then traded with someone for 10$ on Stars and within a few days had that worked up to a few hundred. So, I'm really not looking for BRM advice.lol I don't play as much as most, depending on variance and blah blah blah .. I play every tournament as though it is my last and with that I don't need to follow any other persons rules and regulations.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make a deposit... carbon gives u a max of 14 cracks at a 500 dollar freeroll, one per day for 2 wks.

I managed to make 9 of these, and made the final table 3x. Deposited $50 and won $70 off the bat.

But... withdrawing is difficult though. Right now, UseMyWallet seems to be the only thing working. Transfering to a bank account will result in a $30 fee and I think it requires a $100 minimum withdrawal...