Can't Deposit on Carbon?

P

PokerHungry

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

This is my first post on cardschat, so I'm sorry if this has already been covered somewhere else.

Like most everyone else living in the United States, I am missing my online poker! I decided today I wanted to try a different site (I had only ever played on pokerstars and Full Tilt), so I signed up with Carbon. Only problem now is that I can't deposit anything.

I'm assuming this is all related to the crap going on with our government. I just wanted to double-check with everyone to make sure that is the reason, or if it's just a situation where I should try back in a day or two and maybe something is just screwy with the system right now. I'm assuming it's the former, but holding out hope that we can still play on Carbon (they did say on the site that US players are still welcome).

Thanks for any feedback. Sad times in the US right now.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How did you try to deposit?What did support tell You?

P

PokerHungry

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How did you try to deposit?What did support tell You?

I just clicked on "Deposit" and it gave me a message saying I couldn't do it.

I'm currently in the cue line to talk to customer support.

P

PokerHungry

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for the unnecessary panic. I talked to customer service at Carbon and they helped me through it. For some reason, the first time I clicked the activiation link for my account it didn't work. I went back to my e-mail, copied and pasted the activation link, and it worked. So it appears I'm now able to deposit.

HOWEVA, I'm not really a big spender in online poker and I don't like the fact that you need a minimum in your account of $100 to request a check, especially considering the fact that there is a $15 fee added to it. With the only other options being UseMyWallet (no good for me because I don't have visa) and Click2Pay (apparently not accepting new members, according to the person I chatted to from Carbon), I don't like the idea that I could get my account up to $90 and not be able to get a check--especially if the feds end up going after Carbon, too.

I miss PokerStars, even though we had quite the love-hate relationship :(

If there is anybody reading this that plays on Carbon, do you like them compared to PokerStars or Full Tilt? I'm not 100% sure I won't play there b/c I'd like to play online somewhere, so any info on them would help.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play on carbon and deposited a couple of days ago and all is good for me. can't complain really. at least i can play

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Carbon, however it was not my first choice when PS and tilt were options, but I do play there now as well as at bodog.

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Cash Transfer option worked flawlessly for me. Bit of a hassle, but all in all, not too bad...

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Cash Transfer option worked flawlessly for me. Bit of a hassle, but all in all, not too bad...

+1

easiest thing ever for me to get done. had money on site in minutes

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

+1

easiest thing ever for me to get done. had money on site in minutes

The only cash transfer option I saw was to go through Western Union. Is that what the 2 of you did? Are there any other methods?

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only cash transfer option I saw was to go through Western Union. Is that what the 2 of you did? Are there any other methods?

ya thats what i did. dont think there is any other cash transfer methods. if u wanna use WU and need help pm me

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
On a positive note, all those, my god I have an A I gotta call that raise, idiots that you used to feed off on Tilt & Stars, were apparently Americans & have switched to Carbon. Whoopee.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HOWEVA, I'm not really a big spender in online poker and I don't like the fact that you need a minimum in your account of $100 to request a check, especially considering the fact that there is a $15 fee added to it.

i think that's a "special offer" for US player...but i still don't get it why they do that??...i mean rules should be equal for every1....

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Westerned unioned some money on there hassle free, had some problems trying to get my visa card trying to work before hand though,

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another option is to buy a GreenDot card at your local store and then trade in the gift card section of 2+2 for someones P2P transfer to you. A lot of people are looking to get money on Carbon, etc so it may take a little patience, but I am sure some people are also looking for easy withdrawal methods at the same time. Since so many people are trying to deposit on Merge at this time you may or may not have to pay a vig, but this gives you another option which has been used for awhile now.

soccerrunner8098

soccerrunner8098

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone know if there is a minimum withdrawal amount when you use the Visa option to deposit? Or a fee to withdraw? Would hate it if there was...

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I deposited a couple of days ago with the use my wallet option. It was quick and easy. I just took a look at the withdrawal page and it looks like Americans have two options: 1. use my wallet with 50 dollar minimum and check with 100 dollar minimum. If you can get it use my wallet works great.