Cake Problems with SSL

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering if you all are still playing on Cake given PTR's discovery they also are not using SSL. I looked at PTR today and saw conflicting stories on whether they finally fixed it or not. Basically Cake was using the same B.S. XOR encryption Cereus was caught using.

I had been playing $10 Double Ups on Cake, but I think I'm going to wait until at least next week to play them again there. The traffic definitely seems to have dropped.

Also a few days ago at night they changed something on their server and every hand was literally taking TWO or more minutes to play out. When we got to the 150/300 blind level, we had played like 20 hands, whereas normally you'd have played 60 by then. It was just ridiculous. I asked for a refund on 4 games that ran slow for me but they refused since I won 1 and lost in 3.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont have too much money in the cake network.So I am still playing in them.And I think few people can use the problem to make money.

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cake Network staff have fixed the security issue, infact they have just added SSL encryption to its old client and new beta software.
The Cake Poker Network used a custom-based XOR encryption that programmers were able to crack, any person could simply launch their Windows calculator, switch it to Scientific mode, and start decoding the Cake Poker Network’s XOR.
But now the same programmers that reported the securtity vulnerability have confirmed that they are not able to crack the new encryption.