Cake Poker

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently got an email from cake poker saying they have given me a free 10.00 to play .02/.04 limit holdem. I signed up with cake poker a long time ago to play in a online league but once the league left to play on tilt i played mainly there. Will going to play on cake and check it out since its free. Here is the email they sent to me.

We've added $10 in Real money to your Cake Poker Account!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Now is your chance to try out our real money ring games with absolutely no risk! Login to your account today and you can use that $10 to play any of our $0.02/$0.04 Fixed Limit Holdem games. All you have to do is earn 1,000 Frequent Player Points or make a real money deposit and your entire cash balance is yours to keep. And remember, you can play at as many tables as you want at one time!
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have any questions about playing at the real money ring games please don't hesitate to contact our support team at support@cakepoker.com
[/FONT]
So what are you waiting for? Hit the tables today!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Good Luck,
[/FONT] Cake Rewards Team

I think thats pretty nutty to earn 1k in fpp to be able to move up in limit. Also the reward system is just horrible.. What do u guys think about cake poker??

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I too got that e-mail and the $10.00, I also haven't played there in a long time.
Just play with their free money, do what ever you want with it, I occasionally go there when I feel like playing to pass time but don't want to risk my BR's at the other sites.
Many sites give the odd $10.00 to ppl that haven't played on their sites for a long time in an attempt to lure you back to them.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I thought Cake was pretty soft, but I didn't like how they had the tables set up. I like to 12-table on FT, and on Cake I think I could only see like 6 tables at one time.

Anywho - now that I think about it I might deposit on cake again sometime soon. Cake is like a lot of the smaller sites...it seems like everyone loves to limp in. The only problem (like you said) is that the rewards system is garbage. I'd never be able to get anything decent there.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am confused.Does that mean that you muse earn 1000fpp first,then the Cakepoker will let you have that free 10 dollars?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
From what I understand from the e-mail is that you can use the free $10 to build up a BR and any money you make from that you get to keep once you earn the points or deposit.
I had a zero balance there and now by using the free $10 I have a balance there around $19 which is restricted, but if I make a min deposit it is all mine to do whatever I want with.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also got 10 bucks to play from Absolute Poker. They wanted to lure me back. :)

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really need to check my email more often....

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nope no email 4 me darn it lol :( dont reli like cake much anyways, enjoy your free cash guys :):)

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea i have to earn the 1k fpp or make a deposit. I have played a lil so far and am up to 14 but to be honest i really dont like to play limit but its free so am going to build on it...

B

BigBelle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have an account with Cake. I haven't really opened any new accounts because of UIGEA in U.S. Once that gets "resolved" I might look at more sites but not that interested right now.