Cake Network

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Twice today I logged in to Power Poker to see if any tourneys took my fancy. On the 1st occasion after logging out I noticed that their Av was still showing on my task bar. So I right clicked on it to exit, and got a blue screen and my comp rebooted. Not thinking much about it as I had other progs running at the same time, I just did the same and the result was the same. I logged back in, withdrew all my funds and shut it down through task manager. I'm done with the Cake network.

BillyBrewington

BillyBrewington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself not knowing the full details or any thing am not going to say it's the cake network but what ever caused that I hope didn't do anything too bad to your comp.. Alot of times that is the begining sighns of a Virus. Just comming from personal exp and what I know about these things.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have the "blue screen of death" syndrome as it is known, which basically means something in your computer (hardware related) is on its way out.. This has nothing to do with the cake network, one of your hardware compantents in your computer is failing so don't be surprise shortly if it doesn't boot at all.

Personally though, from my guess is that something is overheating in your computer (quite possible your cpu)

It could well be just clogged up with a lot of dust and ventilation is low so just open it up and have a look at your fans etc, if they are covered in filth just get a hoover nozzle on it and suck as much out as possible. If you are comfortable removing parts (take note on where they go) then give them a proper clean out.

You really need to get inside your computer and have a look or get someone to do for you. It could just be anything from ram, gfx card, sound card etc (best scenario) or worse case is that your motherboard is on its way out but the fact it just didn't give you the blue screen and freeze but actually rebooted signals some piece of your software is overheating. I wouldn't just leave it though as you can damage your computer and will basically be good enough for the bin if you let it overheat to much..

I've been playing on cake software with no problems for the past week every day..

Goodluck!

Last edited: