bodog deposit ripoff?

P

pdid5000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently decided to try bodog so i deposited $25 by visa debit card and they claim it was denied by my bank but there's a $25 charge on my statement from ********. I'm guessing thats from them. I emailed them and they said it was denied but that it can still be charged. WTF? Has anyone ever experienced this from a poker site? I don't know what to do, I'm guessing theres nothing I can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You tell your bank its a fraudulent online charge because you did not receive what you paid for. Visa and the bank should be able to handle the rest.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never had a problem w/ bodog,,depositing or withdrawing, dont know what to tell you,theres a phone mumber on the top of the bodog home page, call them up, its a free number,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, buck:)

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never had a problem depositing with them either - I'm pretty sure that is not the name of the charge that comes up though - I forget what it was but I'm 90% sure it doesn't come up as etc etc etc.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never had a problem depositing with them either - I'm pretty sure that is not the name of the charge that comes up though - I forget what it was but I'm 90% sure it doesn't come up as etc etc.

Charges show up as all kinds of different names. I don't think I've ever had the same name show up twice after depositing online. It's always different. I assume they do this so banks won't know that the deposit was on a poker site. The only site I've ever deposited on that actually had their name on the charge was PS and that was years ago.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Show them a screen shot or tell them what the noted charge was for, they would be able to look it up.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You tell your bank its a fraudulent online charge because you did not receive what you paid for. Visa and the bank should be able to handle the rest.

They will ask what you thought you paid for, and if it's poker, you can forget it. But read my reply below.

Charges show up as all kinds of different names. I don't think I've ever had the same name show up twice after depositing online. It's always different. I assume they do this so banks won't know that the deposit was on a poker site. The only site I've ever deposited on that actually had their name on the charge was PS and that was years ago.

This is my experience too. I've had the charge show up as anything from flowers to candy. I'd contact the bank first and find out why it was denied. If they knew it was poker, they should not have let it be charged.

I had a situation, as some here might recall, where someone fraudulantly used my bank ATM (it was a credit cvard), and my bank let ALL the deposits through. It was only when I reported it, they their hounds went to work and told me I was SOL because they knew the charges were for poker.

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pdid5000, ask your bank to process a chargeback because you are disputing the charge...it will be up to the merchant to prove they provided goods &/or services.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call bodogs 1800 number they will help you. They are not a rip off site so if there is an error they will correct it.
Their customer service is great.

P

pdid5000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I called the 1-800 number and of course got some indian guy who I could barely understand and he claimed up and down that the deposit didn't do through. Someone made $25 off me and yeah thats not a crazy amount but I don't know who the hell charged me..............IT'S BS!!!!! I don't buy stuff online with my card except the occasional poker deposit.

P

pdid5000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And it's the only time I tried to use my visa debit because I know they usually don't except them, but I tried it and I guess I got burned by someone.

P

pdid5000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I emailed ******* to provide me with who charged $25 to my account. Hopefully I can find out who it was at least.

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I emailed the processor to provide me with who charged $25 to my account. Hopefully I can find out who it was at least.

pdid5000, why are you doing all the work? As I suggested earlier...ask your bank to process a chargeback since you dispute the charge. The merchant will have to prove to Visa that goods &/or services were provided in addition to them having to pay a chargeback fee. Depending on your bank, you'll receive the $25 back right away or they'll hold it until Visa completes the research on your behalf.

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I called the 1-800 number and of course got some indian guy who I could barely understand and he claimed up and down that the deposit didn't do through. Someone made $25 off me and yeah thats not a crazy amount but I don't know who the hell charged me..............IT'S BS!!!!! I don't buy stuff online with my card except the occasional poker deposit.

Hi there,

Can you send me your account info and location so I can speak directly with a decision maker at the Bodog licensee on which you are playing? I will confirm if this charge is coming from Bodog or not...

Becky

canucks921

canucks921

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog has been the best site for depositing and withdrawing for me. I have never had an issue with them, I've had some pretty good customer service with them also. If you weren't happy with the first guy call back and see if you get somebody with better answers, ask them about what steps you can take, or as others have said on this site if this doesn't work have the bank do the work for you.

fajackta

fajackta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell the bank that it was a charge that you didnt authorize, you shouldnt have to give them the place it was charged from.

NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've never tried bodog because the site looks sketchy by itself although they do have a few well known sponsored pros. I barely trust ultimatebet. The two poker rooms you might want to try because they have a good reputation and good overall experience is full tilt poker or pokerstars. Plus you can find a lot more games in those two poker rooms.

fajackta

fajackta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've never tried bodog because the site looks sketchy by itself although they do have a few well known sponsored pros. I barely trust ultimatebet. The two poker rooms you might want to try because they have a good reputation and good overall experience is full tilt poker or pokerstars. Plus you can find a lot more games in those two poker rooms.

Yeah, ive personally never had a problem at stars or UB, but full tilt has pulled some shady things with one of my roommates. He made a deposit, played with it for a few months and was doing pretty good. He decided to open a new bank account and ditch the one that he had been using because he started to dislike BofA. He opened a new account, closed bofa and that was that. About a week later (over 2 months after his deposit to FT out of BofA) he logged into FT only to see that his account had been closed because they tried to charge his account and found it was closed. Seriously, 2 month long waiting time to charge the deposit? Dont like it.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada