bitcoin questions

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think about it....."greenbacks", when you get right down to it, aren't backed by anything either....they're both capable of being fiat currencies (one currently is) should say a country that has a struggling economy decide to just up and accept bitcoins as their lawful currency.....just food for thought. Remember when the US dollar was actually backed by something?!?!

Keynes wrote something similar, when he was working to introduce paper money into india before World War One, replacing gold and silver :)

A

abunazir4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I'm very interested in bitcoin themes, specially in bitcoin poker sites but...before start playing poker with bitcoin, I would like to know what are perspectives for the future with bitcoins in poker and I've seen this thread perfect for it. If there is any other thread open for it please let me know. I'm beginning in this forum.. thanks!

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bitcoin could be worth a $million at some point in the future, or could be worthless :)

Might as well collect some in freerolls just in case :)

M

manolillocabezas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think play poker in bitcoin is a nice option! because bitcoin won't collapse, each day it is more popular and more people have it. Probably the digitals coins will replace traditional coins in the future as punctual says, maybe not bitcoin, but another one will do. Coming back to the poker with bitcoin, you don't need to have all your bankroll in bitcoin, you only need to have a little portion, if you lose you buy more bitcoin, if you win you sell it, and of course you have to modify the level of BB you play in order to adapt it to your bankroll. It's not the same that the value of bitcoin is 300$ than 600$. In that way I think you are not very risky with the fluctuations of bitcoin.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think play poker in bitcoin is a nice option! because bitcoin won't collapse, each day it is more popular and more people have it. Probably the digitals coins will replace traditional coins in the future as punctual says, maybe not bitcoin, but another one will do. Coming back to the poker with bitcoin, you don't need to have all your bankroll in bitcoin, you only need to have a little portion, if you lose you buy more bitcoin, if you win you sell it, and of course you have to modify the level of BB you play in order to adapt it to your bankroll. It's not the same that the value of bitcoin is 300$ than 600$. In that way I think you are not very risky with the fluctuations of bitcoin.
Really, do you have proof of that!
Read some of the links in this thread.

Also Gov's are cracking down on bitcoin sites. Bitcoins were set up so they could not be taxed, now the IRS found a way to tax them at 20% to 39.6%, read the link.

While many users already treat Bitcoin like a currency, the I.R.S. made it very clear that “it does not have legal tender status in any jurisdiction.”

A

abunazir4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Really, do you have proof of that!
Read some of the links in this thread.

Also Gov's are cracking down on bitcoin sites. Bitcoins were set up so they could not be taxed, now the IRS found a way to tax them at 20% to 39.6%, read the link.

I do not understand why when "users" find a way to change money, play poker globaly, thansfer money without fees, anonimity...and all this thing not being cointrolled by the government then are the own "users" the ones who want get down the idea...

Bitcoin is "us", if we believe in bitcoins there is no more options for the government just to accept it (of course, with conditions, but this conditions will surely benefit us in comparasion with the actual ones)

Have you ever thought in bitcoin not as a coin but as something really bigger?? read this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-future-of-the-blockchain-2014-4

T

torkaris

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand why when "users" find a way to change money, play poker globaly, thansfer money without fees, anonimity...and all this thing not being cointrolled by the government then are the own "users" the ones who want get down the idea...

Bitcoin is "us", if we believe in bitcoins there is no more options for the government just to accept it (of course, with conditions, but this conditions will surely benefit us in comparasion with the actual ones)

Have you ever thought in bitcoin not as a coin but as something really bigger?? read this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-future-of-the-blockchain-2014-4

Really interesting article! I'm a convinced follower of BTC and I already believe that it could be a big revolution!

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CC had a post somewhere by a member giving away bitcoins.

Glad I found that link, got some coin real fast. Been about a year or less so not sure if it's still around.

I am actually in the 66 Player Sit n Go as we speak, chip leader :)

A

abunazir4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
CC had a post somewhere by a member giving away bitcoins.

Glad I found that link, got some coin real fast. Been about a year or less so not sure if it's still around.

I am actually in the 66 Player Sit n Go as we speak, chip leader :)

You have been really lucky... I bet they are not going to give away btc now.. hehe

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone hear of any new good bitcoin sites lately?

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SWC is still where most of the action is.