Betonline Dollar Insanity Epic Fail

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They hyped this tournament up for weeks. I was looking forward to it. Then, apparently, they didn't have enough bandwidth, or some other technical flaw made it impossible to play. I actually saw 1 hand the first hour. It seemed froze, then the chat would say someone won the hand, and it never even came up. I assume they will refund us.
I like them trying to make new games, to get more folks involved. But dang, how are you not ready technically.

A

A3200304

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they really did hype it I won my 10 entries maybe around a week ago and been staying away from poker just to get my mind ready on how to approach the tournament just for this to happen lol

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they really did hype it I won my 10 entries maybe around a week ago and been staying away from poker just to get my mind ready on how to approach the tournament just for this to happen lol

I'm glad it wasn't just me. Did you get to play many hands?

A

A3200304

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah man I didn't get to play that many at all

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking at screens over an hour now dissappointed was looking forward to the game doubled and tripled some stacks too.
got one hand after an hour a windfall game took over an hour lagging when normally less than 10 minutes.
June week 2

Week 1 task 1

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They hyped this tournament up for weeks. I was looking forward to it. Then, apparently, they didn't have enough bandwidth, or some other technical flaw made it impossible to play. I actually saw 1 hand the first hour. It seemed froze, then the chat would say someone won the hand, and it never even came up. I assume they will refund us.
I like them trying to make new games, to get more folks involved. But dang, how are you not ready technically.

Still in 7 entries, played 1 hand in the last hour, have to go all in each hand with the blinds climbing. Rediculous! Also, notice it was winner take all?

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess they will refund it. They were not ready for that many players. Someone is in trouble.

I'll just take my $3 and run. I actually told my buddy it was going to happen. Like you know you're going to have 10000 entries .........did you expect it to just ya know...run like a tourney of 100? I like BOL and like playing their but some of the shit they do is incredibly 6 year oldish

T

Tiltedfish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree

I had 9 tickets which I thought meant 8 rebuys but instead I was playing 9 tables at once... Only let me play on 5 of those then froze me out completely... TF

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the did refund all the tickets. I only had 3 but woke up with an additional 3 bucks in my poker account. WOOOHOOOO Profit

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm glad everyone received refunds who paid to enter. It'd sure be nice to refund the countless hours I spend freerolling the mobile App to earn the tickets I used.

The mobile app - what to say about that 'interesting' software. Truly felt like the algorithm weighted the community cards later in the events when nearing the bubble, though I'm not conspiratorial so - probably just coincidence,,, maybe.

What really sucks was - I busted into the top 1000 on my last hand 45 minutes before the event was cancelled. Was really looking to make a run, though with the ultra turbo structure I'm sure the event would have surely stayed a BINGO, luck fest.

Also, notice it was winner take all?
I also noticed this, I thought maybe after late registration closed the prize pool might have been spread out. I was hoping anyway.
Sure hope the Shark Week event goes off with less complications.

Like you know you're going to have 10000 entries .........did you expect it to just ya know...run like a tourney of 100? I like BOL and like playing their
I'm not a code guy but I was thinking the problem may have been related to the multi-table aspect of the event.
Having to keep say 1000 players with 10 entries from sitting at the same table might have been a difficult problem to solve.

I hope they are able to find solutions and keep hosting these lucrative events.
At the time of writing this BOL has been down for well over an hour, so it seems they are working on it.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thing with this tourney was. It was cool that you could multi table...But what happens when you get down to the final 4 tables and you still have 8 entries going? now you're just colluding?

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a code guy but I was thinking the problem may have been related to the multi-table aspect of the event.
Having to keep say 1000 players with 10 entries from sitting at the same table might have been a difficult problem to solve.

I hope they are able to find solutions and keep hosting these lucrative events.
At the time of writing this BOL has been down for well over an hour, so it seems they are working on it.

Yeah. It all probably contributed. What was the plane if someone made it deep with more than 1 entry?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that was part of the uniqueness of the event, if running deep with more than one entry I'm sure the seating algo would have kept those players with multiple seats, seated on separate tables until they couldn't be any longer.

I don't think its considered colluding if you have multi seats, and specifically for that event THAT was outlined in the description and structure of the event. It was part of game and unique in that aspect.
Having two hands on the same table - that would be really weird, and very likely advantageous!

I don't know if anyone else checked the leader board before the termination of the event, but I noticed there was one gent who was in the top 15 with two tickets.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So they are bringing it back. Instead of 10k it is now 15k for the win. Not a bad investment for $1

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Or $10? If there are ten simultaneous max entries per player. Edit: nm looks like it will be one entry at a time with $1.1 rebuy

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thought they also just had some general servers go down. Strange... they've been really good at handling their traffic lately.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that was part of the uniqueness of the event, if running deep with more than one entry I'm sure the seating algo would have kept those players with multiple seats, seated on separate tables until they couldn't be any longer.

I don't think its considered colluding if you have multi seats, and specifically for that event THAT was outlined in the description and structure of the event. It was part of game and unique in that aspect.
Having two hands on the same table - that would be really weird, and very likely advantageous!

I don't know if anyone else checked the leader board before the termination of the event, but I noticed there was one gent who was in the top 15 with two tickets.

I wonder what the plan was if someone made it to the final table with more than 1 entry.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
July 28th. Adding 5K more, and hopefully a ton of bandwidth.....

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did anyone watch the final table?

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 3 left they made a deal to split the money 2k to short stack, 5k to 2nd and 8k to chipleader who's name was oldwisco something.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deal was agreed to then 2nd in chips started acting weird and saying are you guys playing me as in he didn't trust them. Then he asked for 6k instead of 5k for 2nd which was again agreed upon by the other 2. Oldwisco was gonna win tourney and send funds to the other 2. Everything was agreed too.