Best tournaments for beginners

K

Kibic1302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls are good but absolutely the very beginning. Freerolls can learn the bad plays poker. The best play for begginers is microstakes

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think this depends on your skill set, but if you are a true beginner -freerolls, if you are committed to learning the game 9/10 man reg speed sngs, and then after you advance a bit 180 mans

think that would give you a broad spectrum and allow you to work on your game

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What about 11¢ tourney on pokerstars.
3000 starting chip
5min blind :(
$400GTD

it's a good option playing Tag. someone mentioned sng but 1 table sng are not recommendable for beginners even more at pokerstars you need skills and luck to play them.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls, and SNG 9-10 people not turbo where at least 3 get paid.

garfield89

garfield89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what to do in a freeroll when you face an all in on every call

play your game, do not pay attention in all, and all will come into its own, the ones who go all in quick finish

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to win fast there s no bigger tournament from pokersites on pokerstars.Starting chips is 1000 little less than commonly 1500 but the total prize pool is the 50 $.Good luck.

CharlieWest

CharlieWest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are certainly the way to go to get a bunch of hands in and potentially win some start up money. From your posts, I'm gathering you're not a true beginner, so I think you could play through the crazy raises and all-ins that come in the earlier stages of the freerolls. I like the $300 nightly freeroll on Full Flush - pays down to 60 spots - in case you're thinking of expanding your sites.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played freeoll very bad exprience no good money to win crazy people all around.
Played sng 45 man .25¢ good tourneys but wiinning rate is not good couse only 7 get paid.
Played small buy in mtt like the big .55¢ buy in but no big winnings.
Any thing else i should try.
I like to play tourney with min. 3k starting chip
12 min blind
2k max player. anybody know where will i get these type of tourney ?

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with freerolls is there are people (myself included) who sometimes join when we are bored/ or can't play for long. Shoving any 2 cards makes it difficult for people trying to play legit.

I rarely play them, 1-2x a year, but I usually just mess around.

I think its better just to deposit like $50 and just play $1 tourneys, atleast then people play more serious.

N

nermis13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
starts playing sng 0.25 cents on PokerStars ... field and quite easy

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol number of people so not so much variance if first time start out at smallest stakes to get the hang of it ex .25 +.3 if you fell you can beat that stake after playing 100 or 200 tourneys its a very safe bet to move up to 1.10s 1.50s and 2.20s keep in mind the number of players

CaioCesar009

CaioCesar009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want increase your bankroll try sit and go with 9 low prices, better than freerolls with 10k players :) my opnion, i always stay 3 hours in freerolls

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would download Full Flush Poker from here and play some there. They have bigger freerolls than any site I know of. They will give some good table time and a lot of experience. GL to you

C

Chandla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR runs $10 freerolls 24/7.. Betonline has nice free rolls as well but be prepared to be mad at the rivers, donkeys, and fish on BetOnline. lol

R

RacekK

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are good for beginning, but don't play too much of them - they will kill your skills. With time add some very cheap mtt as well.

S

StorkBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with this:
freerolls are good for beginning, but don't play too much of them - they will kill your skills. With time add some very cheap mtt as well.
I'm new player but so far can not boast that I had some big success but I've made some money with freerolls and with that money I've made some money with small buy-in MTT and after all that experience I've made my first deposit and then start to play satellites for big tournament where I've also made some money. But...

Shortly after that I lost everything and returned to the freerolls. Then I saw how big the difference is between freerolls, small buy-ins MTT and different sit & Go games, and realized that in addition to my knowledge I have gained and success that I had, you should be aware that your game should be adjusted to a tournament that you want to play. You can't play the same way MTT of $ 1.10 buy-in and $ 5.50 buy-in or a Sit & Go.

My advice to you is to try many games and during that time to spend less money. Try to find a game that you do best and hang on it some time and then occasional try other games and enlarge your knowledge.
Maybe this isn't a super smart advice but what I want to say is that little success does not make you a good player, what I've thought for myself and paid price for that. You can't beat this game in two months. Believes that someone gave this advice to me I would not so far lost everything that I've made and invested, and the number is $ 350 for two and a half months of the game.
I wish you all the luck at the table.

garfield89

garfield89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I won $ 0.50 per full tilt, played I made 250 $ weekly freeroll tournament, I was on 90 place, the first place that brought 25$, to get a ticket for the tournament you have to play round one daily freeroll where the top 200 receive a ticket for a weekend tournament, and it's best to start with until you go tournaments bankroll mob, according to my information they begin in March, good luck

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about time bomb tournaments???