BCP and ACR the same site?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Post a screenshot of the message please, it may help deduce what's going on.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the site"

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's not an expired cert. I'm concerned you might be suffering a man-in-the-middle attack or something, because I and a bunch of other people do not see this, and we would if their SSL cert were mismatched.

This is in the poker client, correct? Not on their website?

Again, please post a screenshot so we can see the client context for the error.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its in the poker client. I dont have windows 7 so i dont have a snipping tool therefore i dont think i can post a screenshot. If you have another way i can post a ss plz do tell me.

ILIKEFISH31

ILIKEFISH31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I and a bunch of other people do not see this

Actually, after I hit my post limit last night I went to sign onto BCP and saw what he's talking about. It's only happening sometimes and since the last software update a few days ago.

Resolved by logging off, restarting the client, and logging back in. Weird.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its in the poker client. I dont have windows 7 so i dont have a snipping tool therefore i dont think i can post a screenshot. If you have another way i can post a ss plz do tell me.
Insert/print screen key on keyboard, open up Paint and hit paste Ctrl+v, save as a .JPG

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol so i wasn't the only person on every forum with this prob? Tks again guys

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been getting that pop-up cert. thing for weeks now (on both BCP & ACR) every single time I open the site.
here's the screenshot

Attachments

• bcp acr.gif
    bcp acr.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 69
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This pops up every single time I open the site (not the webpage) & there are three of them stacked on each other ( after clicking on 'Yes', the ones below are visible & need to quickly hit 'Yes' on both as they pop up... otherwise the site freezes on me & have to close it using TaskManager).

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup that's exactly it. This is what i'm concerned about before depositing on bcp. Thanks alot for posting that ss for me.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't need Win7 or a snipping tool. All versions of Windows will take screenshots with the PrntScr key. Press it alone to capture the whole desktop, press Alt-PrntScr to capture the active window. Then paste into Paint or whatever graphics App then save as JPG (not PNG if you're going to attach it here).

I've been getting that pop-up cert. thing for weeks now (on both BCP & ACR) every single time I open the site.
here's the screenshot
Never seen it before, and I've logged into both sites at least a half dozen times each since yesterday when I saw this. Just tried both again. Either it doesn't happen with everyone, or I've just been lucky. Maybe it's due to one server in the cluster having a problem cert, so you're playing roulette as to which server you're assigned when you connect.

If you get it again, I'd be interested to view the cert contents to see what the name mismatch is. Click the "View Certification" button and paste what it says. From the error shown there, it looks like a domain mismatch, which is why I mentioned the man-in-the-middle attack possibility as that is a sign of one. But my guess is it's a benign error -- as long as you're actually hitting a WPN server, there's no problem to worry about.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry dmorris my prtscn button must be broke. I tried everything you and kidkvno said to do. Hopefully Poker orifice will see this again and post the details. I just wanna make sure that bcp/acr is safe to depo on.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It pops up every single time I open ACR or BCP

Attachments

• cert1.gif
    cert1.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 24
  • cert2.gif
    cert2.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 24
  • cert3.gif
    cert3.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 24
dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont understand either. Its the same thing merge network does with all of its skins(poker host,carbon,aced) Maybe for marketing reasons?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's been at least a few weeks. I actually took a screenshot awhile back & was going to post it on CC to ask about it but then never got around to it until I read this thread.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks poker orifice you da man. Do you still trust and depo on bcp/acr?

U

United

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And why would you advertise that you are cheating? Thanks though cause now we can report you.

lol

Grow up. He was just being hypothetical.

Also, with that system in effect, all you need is a VPN and a virtual machine and gg

(I am not liable if any of you decide to do this)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No question that BCP/ACR is trustworthy to deposit on.

What's mysterious is the cert error that many of us (certainly myself) have never gotten, but even moreso that yapoker.com doman that I've never heard of.

A little Google Fu and it turns out Ya Poker just joined WPN last month serving the Latin America market.

As part of that deal, Ya Poker's SSL cert may have inadvertently slipped through to some WPN servers. Large poker networks run on dozens of servers and it may just be the luck of your draw or where your specific geographic region is routed for load balancing purposes.

Since the cert is issued to yapoker.com and they're a legit WPN operator, I wouldn't have any concerns about it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Since the cert is issued to yapoker.com and they're a legit WPN operator, I wouldn't have any concerns about it.
thanks.

I personally haven't been concerned. It's just a bit of an annoyance/nuisance because if I don't catch it right away, the site will often freeze up on me. No biggy.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
same network, same cashier, different promos

A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see nothing wrong with you entering a tournament in one account and, if knocked out, re-entering the same tournament in another account on another poker skin. I'm sure they'd appreciate the extra buy-in and if it's a freeroll, who should care really? Playing at the same time on both should be avoided, however, because of the multi-account issues mentioned above.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see nothing wrong with you entering a tournament in one account and, if knocked out, re-entering the same tournament in another account on another poker skin. I'm sure they'd appreciate the extra buy-in and if it's a freeroll, who should care really? Playing at the same time on both should be avoided, however, because of the multi-account issues mentioned above.
Yeah you are allowed to bust out on one skin and rejoin on another skin, that is not against the TOS. If you somehow are in the same game under 2 different accounts at the same time, well that is considered collusion and IS against the TOS.