Bankroll Question

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have mostly been playing SnG tourneys for the past couple weeks and built my bankroll up quite a bit. I want to start playing NL ring games and my question is, what do you think my bankroll should be before I start playing $25 Max 9 person tables. I currently have around 250 dollars at bodog and I have heard the players at the cash tables there are pretty bad. I am thinking about testing out the cash tables at $10 max b/c I have never really played them before, mostly have been a tournament player for my whole poker career. How many buy ins would you recommend having for playing a NL cash game? I am thinking my 250 bankroll would be a little low for the 25 max tables, especially since I have not played too many cash games before.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Have you read through our Guide? There is a section in there that deals specifically with bankroll management. I think it would be useful information for you.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you 1-table 25max then you're fine. try 2-3 tabling $10max to get a feel for the ring scenarios.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your risk tolerance. Personally I can't stand losing $50 if $250 is all I have. I would not play $25NL without at least $750 bankroll.

BacKUp

BacKUp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play two or three tables $10 max to get the feeling of players.Once you feel which table you can make money on.I would play only on that one and close the other tables.I find that works very good for myself.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice guys, I think I am gonna try 2 tabling the 10 max tables and see how I do and then move up if I feel comfortable. Ive had sort of a bad run of tournaments the last couple days and I think my play is not at its best right now. Gonna take a few days off try to get back to my 'A' game before I start trying the ring games.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management