Aussie Super league Jokefest.

damon789

damon789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all you poker degenerates,
Just a note to let you know that I had a great time slogging it out at Jamestown S.A. Last Thursday night. I had played in The NPL and APL Pub freerolls before but the allure of a "Pub Cashgame" was too appealing to resist.
The structure was Haphazard at best Starting with a $10 buyin and a 50% 35% 15% payout structure things started off ok but I realised it wasnt my night when I limped in EP with 44 for the flop to come 49K rainbow I value bet it the whole way only to get "called dwn" the whole way buy a guy with pocket 9s uggggg ok You are just gonna get stacked there right? That hand stung enough, but I had a little extra sting four hands later when the guy who had 99 against my 44 earlier asked at the end of another hand "Does a straight beat 3 queens?" :mad:.
Anyway fast forward to the final table and my mate "BIG MERV" is 3 handed (merv is a CC member too btw).The organiser gives the deck to a guy who came to" help him out" Now this guy looked like he'd barely held a pack of cards, little own dealt at a final table cash game. but who was I to protest Im a guest here right? Anyway the whole night culminated with this hand: Big Merv moves allin with AJoff ,called by the guy who organised the night with K9s and the other lady calls with 108off(questionable overcall after 2 allins but this is Pub Poker) The Dealer tries to be smart and after laying out the flop of A95 rainbow, proceeds to deal the turn Riv and burn cards all at once. Anyway, he completely confuses himself and stops dead... grabs the wrong turn card and exposes the 2nd to last 9 in the whole deck. I just winced and turned away Poor old Merv.Even worse on top of that stuff up ,was that Merv had driven 2hrs to work in Jamestown for the Day from Adelaide and I was the one who saw the Advertisement for the cashgame ,and convinced him to stay :( . So poor old Merv is in Jamestown 2hrs from home at 11pm at night. Credit to my mate though he kept his mouth shut and took it with class wd BIG MERV your stock has just gone up a notch in my book Cobb.

damon789

damon789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's over It's all over now.

Hey all you poker degenerates,
Just a note to let you know that I had a great time slogging it out at Jamestown S.A. Last Thursday night. I had played in The NPL and APL Pub freerolls before but the allure of a "Pub Cashgame" was too appealing to resist.
The structure was Haphazard at best Starting with a $10 buyin and a 50% 35% 15% payout structure things started off ok but I realised it wasnt my night when I limped in EP with 44 for the flop to come 49K rainbow I value bet it the whole way only to get "called dwn" the whole way buy a guy with pocket 9s uggggg ok You are just gonna get stacked there right? That hand stung enough, but I had a little extra sting four hands later when the guy who had 99 against my 44 earlier asked at the end of another hand "Does a straight beat 3 queens?" :mad:.
Anyway fast forward to the final table and my mate "BIG MERV" is 3 handed (merv is a CC member too btw).The organiser gives the deck to a guy who came to" help him out" Now this guy looked like he'd barely held a pack of cards, little own dealt at a final table cash game. but who was I to protest Im a guest here right? Anyway the whole night culminated with this hand: Big Merv moves allin with AJoff ,called by the guy who organised the night with K9s and the other lady calls with 108off(questionable overcall after 2 allins but this is Pub Poker) The Dealer tries to be smart and after laying out the flop of A95 rainbow, proceeds to deal the turn Riv and burn cards all at once. Anyway, he completely confuses himself and stops dead... grabs the wrong turn card and exposes the 2nd to last 9 in the whole deck. I just winced and turned away Poor old Merv.Even worse on top of that stuff up ,was that Merv had driven 2hrs to work in Jamestown for the Day from Adelaide and I was the one who saw the Advertisement for the cashgame ,and convinced him to stay :( . So poor old Merv is in Jamestown 2hrs from home at 11pm at night. Credit to my mate though he kept his mouth shut and took it with class wd BIG MERV your stock has just gone up a notch in my book Cobb.
Interesting footnote to this post, is that we were going to play in another

one 2 nights later. Unfortunately the Government has put it's foot down

and the players and the Pubs are up for a $2500 fine, if these games take

place at all anymore.Guess it was a historic event being that it was

probably the last ones played before the Hammer came down.