Anyone still collect their free play chips every 4 hours on PS?

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I stopped playing with play money a while ago but previously playing Apps as a f2p I still feel the compulsion to collect my free chips lol

For fun I was wondering if others do the same and as well how many play chips you have at your disposal, I’m just over 4.1 mil (I know it’s not a lot lol). Just trying to drive some fun conversation! All the best at the tables!!

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Haha, great question! For some reason I still collect them, at least I try to do this once a day. I usually do not play with play money either, but last year I played some play money games in the home games. and therefore I thought it is not a bad idea to collect them from time to time. :)

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jumping on opportunity, I heard about sites for selling those, is this thing still legit?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I stopped playing with play money a while ago but previously playing apps as a f2p I still feel the compulsion to collect my free chips lol

For fun I was wondering if others do the same and as well how many play chips you have at your disposal, I’m just over 4.1 mil (I know it’s not a lot lol). Just trying to drive some fun conversation! All the best at the tables!!
Hahaha! Yes, I do when I remember (as above about once a day)...sort of a conditioned response.

I am someone who definitely appreciates 'play' chips because this is where I learnt the game. I had never played a hand of poker until I did so on line so I am more than thankful as they enabled me to learn to play.

A while ago there was a thread about who had the most play chips yet banked (though most admitted they did not play often anymore) and there were some staggering totals with someone who had been in the billionaires club I believe. What we all admitted was, contrary to popular opinion, that we had all taken the play chips seriously at one point.

I am currently at 77 million plus, mostly earned through grinding MTT's back in the day!

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
lol yea until I stopped playing them I played em like money lol I started back when they gave u I think 5 k to start and only got more if you went broke lol plus I’d be like, they do sell play chips on the site so they do have some (albeit very small) $ value. I’m sure I’ll use em maybe at some point, but for now I hoard em every 4 hours lol

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't but when I do get a chance to play a game here I do click on it when I log in... I don't know why, just habit I guess lol!

Last edited:
Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I collect them occasionally, just to be able to afford home game events

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do make sure to collect mine every time I log into PS. Not sure why I do but it seems like a waste not to!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I am pretty sure i "collect" them less than 5 times during one calendar year so yeah.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never played for game chips, but I know that you can buy them with real money, why would anyone buy game chips, especially as far as I know you can't sell them later, I don't really understand, I don't even I know how many of these chips I have and I'm not going to watch

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've never played for game chips, but I know that you can buy them with real money, why would anyone buy game chips, especially as far as I know you can't sell them later, I don't really understand, I don't even I know how many of these chips I have and I'm not going to watch
The fact people can(and may) buy them on an actual real money card room blows my mind as well, may as well play for real money and potentially earn some back.

Poker Chips - History of Chips