Anyone played in Tunica, MS?

Leftylou

Leftylou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone have any opinions about the best tournies and ring games in Tunica, as well as the comp points earned?
I've never been there before and am planning a trip there in November. Thanks,
Leftylou

Leftylou

Leftylou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, we are set to go there in the first week of November, after the big Tourney. I'll let you know what the aftermath is like.

verticalmonk

verticalmonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re: Tunica

I have been once as I am from the south...Mostly go to Biloxi. I would say that my best experience there was the Horseshoe. Great action, service, comps, etc. If you see local pro Tim Burt there tell him that vertical"donk" sent you. Omaha is king in Tunica so brush up on your 4 card skills and have a great time!

Leftylou

Leftylou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got back from there and it was a gas. Stayed at Gold Strike on the 29th floor, view of the Mississippi (except I missed left wing tv - no MSNBC). I played in tourneys at GS and Sam's, where I finished 8th out of 40 on a $50 tourney with 1K added. Just out of the money cause one player wouldn't chop. Next time I'll JUST play poker, no more Black Jack, though the comps were good.
Leftylou

M

massimo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't been to Tunica yet, but a friend always goes to Gold Strike. In the past they had decent room comps/prices if you play poker there.

S

sketchpad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gold strike and the shoe have good guarantees or added so its always good to go for those...and there is alot of money to be made in cash games but I always stay to the higher limits there and away from no-limit...to many wanna-be's trying to get rich off of q-10

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Tunica is one of the best places to play in the USA, besides the great action the hospitality is fantastic.

...now if they could just put something besides poker and gambling near it :)