Has anyone come up with a way AROUND site blocks to US Players

pkrplr4116

pkrplr4116

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The had me send them a scan of my FL driver's license. Lucky for me I was only renting in LKas VEgas and had not yet gotten my NV license (Doyle's doesn't allow NV players to play (yet, Doyle, Todd, Pam and Hoyt live there and surely play from home in thier bounties....
One customer rep said give them 72 hrs to unblock my IP, and another said wait till I get home. Yeah, I'm going home in the spring, lol.
Peter: 13 states have been banned
you: ok thanks for the update. I know somene who says they made a deposit from NJ and then was not allowed to play. Why take the deposit if they arent allowed to play
Peter: the IP addresses were blocked by micro gaming

Was this account previously set up elsewhere? When you get back to LV (is that where you live?), you should be able to use it then. But the reason I ask is that 13 states is a lot of people. If someone LIVES in NJ, set up the acct there, and they accepted $$$, you'd have a lot of pissed off people if they had to go through process and possibly expense of getting their money back. I'd be surprised a class act like Doyle would allow this to go on for too long. From the above chat, it sounds like a software or server design oversight or glitch - meaning that IP addresses are not tagged/flagged/tracked in the deposit section from accounts that were set up in a 'legal' state? But perhaps always tracked in the games lobby? I could be completely wrong though.

B

BC7Falcons7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
banned US players

If there is a way to get around banned US sites. I think the only reason they ban US players is because they know we have the best poker players in the world. :)

pkrplr4116

pkrplr4116

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Attention CC Computer Techs

I might have realized there is a way around the 13 states ban on sites like Doyle's Room...unfortunately it doesn't help me. When Dad was alive, I opened an acct with the site GoToMyPC.com
So I could remote access Dad's computer and help him FROM FLA. His computer had to be on, of course and I set it up for him when I was home (at his house). If someone in the 13 banned states can remotely access someone else's computer in a state that hasn't been banned, the IP address would be the IP of the 'other' person's computer. Of course that would require a lot of trust, allowing someone to remote access their computer...but if it was a family member...then maybe they wouldn't mind. Do you think it would be a viable 'Get Around' the 13 states ban? If so I'm sure there are other remote access type of companies like the one I used for Dad.

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and what about the rules for live games then?they gonna bomb vegas or what

I think you are missing the point here.

The United States are the ones responsible for the sites being blocked from the US.

Theres alot of reasons for this:
1st: alot of money was being spent by US citizens, in other countries, through poker sites, they did not like that. Now its less of a problem since they have marketed tilt.

2nd: It is really hard to control money on poker sites, let me give you a irl example. I am a con man, I decide to sell fake "lists" of cheap laptops (50$'s or less on ebay), turns out to be a scam. The person paid me on my paypal account 200$ (wich only required an AOL subscription (a while back) --> wich was done with a bogus name and adress, attached to a bogus name that never paid his first month) OR simply connected to a foreign credit card.

I put my money on my account, I transfer it to a friend through heads up, and the money is gone, prety much impossible to trace from there, the friend plays with another friend and with another and it is withdrawed, at some point, by some one, that might or might not have something to do with the scam in the first place.

turns out to be really costy to trace 200$, or even 10 000$.

Or you could just cash in for drug transactions, and your money is laundered like that. When the US wants to have information from a foreign poker site, it is much harder than from lets say canada or the US itself.

B

beefcake413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would honestly say just stick to sites that allow US players. It's so much of a hassle to go third party sometimes, plus you usually end up paying some time of "transfer fee" just to get your money where you want it. I've been using bodog with my CC for over a year now and no problem. Only thing I had to do was send a confirmation fax with my info which took all of a day for them to confirm and I was able to get a payout.

SystEmsuX

SystEmsuX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(Doyle's doesn't allow NV players to play (yet, Doyle, Todd, Pam and Hoyt live there and surely play from home in thier bounties....
Haha, hilarious hypocrisy. Or maybe they move out of state when every Wednesday rolls around just so they can play that tourney. A mini-vacation.

FTPHeHaTeMe

FTPHeHaTeMe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea I think we have enough sites to choose from so this doesnt bother me

phoebepussy

phoebepussy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok dont want to add confusion and I certainly wouldn't encourage breaking the law anywhere but about 2 months ago I was in the US on business for 2 weeks.

I took my UK laptop with me and played in the Saturday night Titan game whilst using my hotels wifi

I play most of my poker on Stars and Tilt these days and the only time I use Titan is for this one Tournament which I always try to play as it is my personal favourite

As a UK player the thought of the no US players allowed never entered my head I logged in and played with no problems at all

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did you access it via the your companies VPN??

I from UK too so dont know the ins and outs of whats going on with poker in the US but id assued that there was simply a ban placed on US IP addresses.. if you connected via your companies VPN then the front facing IP would be a UK one.

Just a thought!!

P

pokerpro150k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its terrible how they have cracked down in the USA-- I have resulted to making the long drive to the brick-and-mortar!