Anyone at PokerDominicano?

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ha Ha, my eyes are already permanently bloodshot for another reason.

I did read all 53 pages (it grew before I could finish) and it's as you say for the most part a lot of growing pains that bring on adjustments that makes certain players grumble grumble.

It appears that there was a problem with the bitcoin withdraw so they've had to adjust there too and there were too many micro withdraws for their small crew so they upped the minimum allowed. More grumble grumbles.

Being a small site it seems they have different requirements to meet for withdraw depending on if you made a deposit or was awarded/freerolled your bankroll there as well as the extra requirements the old LTE players have to meet, but they were only 5 or 6 of them and they were high rollers to help get things moving.

I will say it is very unorthodox for a site owner to represent his company in a forum and this guy is about as average Joe as they get. Not much in the PR department but to me it speaks bounds about his passion to get this site going. I think overall I like PD more now that I have read that.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They did some software upgrades and switched over to .eu from .com / should be all good again for US sign-ups

bikkeromano

bikkeromano

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes im in pokerdominicano ,,, mi nick is bikkeromano

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ha Ha, my eyes are already permanently bloodshot for another reason.

I did read all 53 pages (it grew before I could finish) and it's as you say for the most part a lot of growing pains that bring on adjustments that makes certain players grumble grumble.

It appears that there was a problem with the bitcoin withdraw so they've had to adjust there too and there were too many micro withdraws for their small crew so they upped the minimum allowed. More grumble grumbles.

Being a small site it seems they have different requirements to meet for withdraw depending on if you made a deposit or was awarded/freerolled your bankroll there as well as the extra requirements the old LTE players have to meet, but they were only 5 or 6 of them and they were high rollers to help get things moving.

I will say it is very unorthodox for a site owner to represent his company in a forum and this guy is about as average Joe as they get. Not much in the PR department but to me it speaks bounds about his passion to get this site going. I think overall I like PD more now that I have read that.

Yes, I agree. Passion like that speaks volumes about a business. I also like it even more now.

Do you think the constant fluctuation of bitcoin values has anything to do with some issues? I mean, a few days to cash out could see the value drop a little. Not enough to worry, I should think, but I guess it could add up. I would look at this loss/gain in terms of percentages, not actual $$ lost or gained. Yet some folks lose $20.00 and have a hissy fit not realizing it's only a few percentage points and not enough to get your panties in a twist over.

Then again, if its my taxes, I get mine twisted about the total $$ amount, damn the %. Uncle Sam, always sticking it to the man! Guess that makes me a hypocrite, lol.

T

themosthigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any sort of rake back? If someone knows of a good affiliate for free cash pm me. Thanks.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree. Passion like that speaks volumes about a business. I also like it even more now.

Do you think the constant fluctuation of bitcoin values has anything to do with some issues? I mean, a few days to cash out could see the value drop a little. Not enough to worry, I should think, but I guess it could add up. I would look at this loss/gain in terms of percentages, not actual $$ lost or gained. Yet some folks lose $20.00 and have a hissy fit not realizing it's only a few percentage points and not enough to get your panties in a twist over.

Then again, if its my taxes, I get mine twisted about the total $$ amount, damn the %. Uncle Sam, always sticking it to the man! Guess that makes me a hypocrite, lol.

No, it seems to me that bitinstant was a processor for them and had technical issues after PD had sent money to be processed to players. I would always say to someone in the US to not deposit on ANY poker site any more than you are willing to lose.

Any sort of rake back? If someone knows of a good affiliate for free cash pm me. Thanks.

PM sent. There is rakeback available. As much as I would like members we are too small to offer any start up cash but have sent info for two that will and wish you luck on the virtual felts.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why they are not on the pokerscout site ?

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why they are not on the pokerscout site ?

Sorry, I don't even know what pokerscout is. I would assume that they have opt out of sending that info or maybe because there is hardly any traffic there besides the freerolls. I would suggest asking them if it is a concern at support/manager(at)pokerdominicano.com

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like Microgaming from the layout but I'm not sure. Can anyone else confirm? The name and site are sketchy at best...

The owner bought his software from a site they call on another forum LTE. Don't know who that was but they are their own site under no network from what I've read.

Either way I would not recommend depositing any more than you are willing to lose on any site if you're American like myself.

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like Microgaming from the layout but I'm not sure. Can anyone else confirm? The name and site are sketchy at best...
They have it listed on PokerScout as 'independent'.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it were microgaming it wouldn't be US-allowed.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerdominicano is now FreedomPoker and they are done with updating the software.

It is in my opinion if you care for your computer you won't play here and that is why I'm posting in this thread after so long.

The software could be running malware when you download it. Me and another person I know had problems when downloading the software but that wasn't my issue with them.

The site uses WAY too much CPU. I have a 3 year old computer running WIN7 Premium. A CPU clocking at 3.0 GHz with 4GB of RAM.

Just with the lobby up it was using 30-35% of my CPU!!! and with only one table up I took this screen shot of TaskManager showing it using a WHOPPING 40%CPU. That is WAY too much for my liking and do NOT recomend anyone to use this site.

Attachments

• FP usage.png
    FP usage.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 36
SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It made my computer crash for the first time too.

buzzmania

buzzmania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my puter is old as dirt.no problem with dowload etc but crashes when in the middle of a gd hand,go figure.lmao.

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I left there is not much traffic... couldn't play with anyone ..lol

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you play on such rogue poker site with it's own software? At least pick one on a reasonably trusted network.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you play on such rogue poker site with it's own software? At least pick one on a reasonably trusted network.

You do realize every site started as a "rouge site with it's own software" right? With that attitude pokerstars wouldn't exist today.

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You do realize every site started as a "rouge site with it's own software" right? With that attitude Pokerstars wouldn't exist today.

I'm just saying there are a bunch of well established site's out there already that you don't need to take a risk on one there is no info about. Something about the name Pokerdominicano also just sounds shady (my opinion of course).

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well turns out that it was a good idea not to deposit here.Even after a name change and several changes of the software and policy changes that ended up being fruitless here is another room that closes.Is ashamed they had good software in my opinion and a good BBJ system when they first started then they went the way of the bigger sites in going to a next to impossible BB that will only be dealt once in a million hands and all the ring players quit playing. I dont quite understand why they would change a system that had players at the tables almost 24/7 to a system that no one cares to try to hit. Just seems like a dumb move not to try to switch back after you see the players quit playing.Anyways I will miss the site I really liked the software and the variety of new games they had.The 32 card draw was a very interesting game to me and I done well playing it and had built up a nice little br.

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard mostly bad things about this particular site. Like them cancelling freerolls that people had gotten enough points to enter, or maybe it was changing the rollover on freeroll winnings. Sad to see so many fly by nights, but unfortunately, it is to be expected.

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought it went under, has it come back to life?

They had some 32 card freerolls that were a lot of fun :)

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure about the site itself but I do know their forum closed.

Personally after my issue stated above I uninstalled the software and don't plan to go back. They can keep the $18+ I won on there and from what was last posted on their forum I wasn't ever going to see it anyways.