Any Ohio players near Mansfield??????????

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any players on here live near Mansfield,Ohio??? Saturday there is a tournament at a social club that's open to the public, it's a $40 buyin gets you $8000 in chips a $10 bonus gets you $2000 and they have a optional $5 bounty. They have this the second saturday of each month and last month I finished 2nd winning $474 plus I had 6 bounties. Very nice structure with 20 minutes blinds and they start at 25/50. they also run a 1/2nl once enough people are knocked out. they payout 20% of field.

Quick story when I played last month we got down to 2 tables and people started asking how many were getting paid. TD said 11, and they started saying that the previous month they played 11 handed for an hour because no on wanted to finish on the bubble, well when we got to 12 sure enough play REALLY REALLY tightened upso i started raising just about every hand. then came a hand where a player raised ahead of me all in for 8000, I had KJ suited and 49000 in chips and 1 lady after me so I raised min because she only had 13000, so she thinks and asks "If I call and we both get knocked out who finishes higher?" and she was told she would finish in the money because she had more chips. She tanked for like 3 minutes finally someone called a clock and she then asks "If I fold I can show right?" and they told her yes as she was last with any action, she folded and showed KK ???????? really why is what I'm thinking. LOL any way other player has 99 and I spike the flop with a J and eliminate him. After all attention went to the lady and eveeryone was asking what the hell she was doing folding KK and her reply "I thought since he reraised he had to have AA" to which I said noooooo just didnt want to price you in and have you go all in with some suited connectors or something.

Any way if any one is near and would like to check out the tourny let me know.

Hambone8705

Hambone8705

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm 2.5 hours east of you so I don't think Ill be making the trip. BUT saturday there is a big tourney around here (warren). And by big I mean its a $50 buy-in and last year there was 591 PPl!!!!! YOU DO THE MATH$$$$$$$