mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When i opened ACR and walked away from the computer, I was greeted with the "We've got a software upgrade, click this button and all tables will close" message.

I do not have ANY confidence in a smooth rollout.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Updates are completely normal witin pokersites no? Was there a problem during the update or did you just want to let us know about it? I mean these acr updates are like 2 minutes normally.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Updates are completely normal witin pokersites no? Was there a problem during the update or did you just want to let us know about it? I mean these acr updates are like 2 minutes normally.
Well, ACR is special. I haven't received any kind of upgrade notice (while open) from ACR since the Great Upgrade of 2020(?) - that one shut the tourneys on the site down for 5 months(?). I do get the occasional upgrade while opening the site. More often, the whole site crashes for me. Last night it randomly closed the tables and lobbies I had open (leaving main lobby open).

In the meantime, I cannot run almost anything else while having two or more tables and their lobbies open on ACR. This includes other ACR tables and lobbies.

So, with the Special freerolls starting in a couple hours, I thought I would warn everyone about a "special" upgrade situation.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, ACR is special. I haven't received any kind of upgrade notice (while open) from ACR since the Great Upgrade of 2020(?) - that one shut the tourneys on the site down for 5 months(?). I do get the occasional upgrade while opening the site. More often, the whole site crashes for me. Last night it randomly closed the tables and lobbies I had open (leaving main lobby open).

In the meantime, I cannot run almost anything else while having two or more tables and their lobbies open on ACR. This includes other ACR tables and lobbies.

So, with the Special Freerolls starting in a couple hours, I thought I would warn everyone about a "special" upgrade situation.
U need a new, modern computer with minimum 16gb ram and a 5g internet connection or wired connection for ACR to run smoothly.

Thanks for the warning, really sounds like something big.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
U need a new, modern computer with minimum 16gb ram and a 5g internet connection or wired connection for ACR to run smoothly.

Thanks for the warning, really sounds like something big.
Apparently, not something big. It seems to be done and ready - I'll look for improvement/worse lagging.

In my neighbourhood, the fastest connection available is 400Mbps. I tried that, I was getting 30-250 Mbps. And bear in mind that any reliable (however slow) connection is costing $100(CAD) per month.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apparently, not something big. It seems to be done and ready - I'll look for improvement/worse lagging.

In my neighbourhood, the fastest connection available is 400Mbps. I tried that, I was getting 30-250 Mbps. And bear in mind that any reliable (however slow) connection is costing $100(CAD) per month.
The laging is on ur side. I know that because i had those exact problems too. Since i changed to the 5g connnection of my network (only had to switch with the same pass) everything runs smoothly.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is not the first time that it has been updated
And it was all normal like all poker platforms

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is not the first time that it has been updated
And it was all normal like all poker platforms
Exactly, they've done a few updates in the past few months.

No worries.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I believe it was in 2019 that happened to them, but I know how you feel about it. Every time i see there about to do an update I cringe. That was ugly as hell when that happened, and I wish they would bring back the old style On demand games they had prior to that issue they had. Hate the turbo ones they have today.

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
tbh i dont know what you guys are talking about, im playing there on a 10yo cpu and its running just fine - the usage is like max 25%. Only problems i see sometimes are in those special freerolls, sometimes it is getting laggy but it's a turbo with tons of players, so lot of action at the same time.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
tbh i dont know what you guys are talking about, im playing there on a 10yo cpu and its running just fine - the usage is like max 25%. Only problems i see sometimes are in those special freerolls, sometimes it is getting laggy but it's a turbo with tons of players, so lot of action at the same time.
What is your DL/UL speed. If you can tell me actual AND what it's supposed to be that would be good.

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi All

Mobile update worked fine had to totally uninstall and clear all acr files and fresh download for desktop version to work.

But at least it worked eventually :)

Gl on the grind all and as always see you at the tables.

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
What is your DL/UL speed. If you can tell me actual AND what it's supposed to be that would be good.
I aint got a super internet connection, it's a normal cable internet 160mb/s download and 20mb/s upload

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes for 1-2 tables maybe. Almost no chance u are really multitabling there successfull with opening lobbys etc on a 10 year old pc.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello.
I'm not sure that I understood the essence of the problem correctly🤷‍♀️, but here's what I faced:
I usually have a poker client open and if I'm lying down, then I log in through the mobile application, and, accordingly, a forced logout occurs on the laptop.
So, a couple of times it happened that when I logged in through the mobile App and I received an update message: nothing unusual: I updated and logged in.
When I decided to switch to a laptop, I just clicked "log in" in the already open poker client. The tables opened automatically and, like, everything is as usual, BUT.... after a couple of minutes, an update message popped up and, after pressing the "ok" button, my poker client was completely closed and when I opened it again, an update occurred.

This has happened to me 2 or 3 times in the last couple of months and each time it was due to an update. I think the reason is precisely that the poker client is open. If it had been closed, then such a situation would not have happened and I would have calmly launched it after it was updated.🤷‍♀️