ACR - Question about the Red X

W

WarrenCushing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed many times while playing a tourney at ACR players seem to step away from the table on their turn. It does not simply say "Sitting Out"; a red X appears above their avatar and a secondary time clock of 90 seconds begins to run down. Sometimes the player will come back to the table and start running down their primary time clock, only to switch back to what is left on the secondary by standing up again. And sometimes they will do this until they run both of the time clocks out, this can take a few minutes.

First question I have is how do they stand up?

Second question I have is why in some cases? I get it when they are on tilt because they lost a hand or two and they want to make somebody wait as punishment I guess, or they are trying to hang on for a few more minutes to finish in the money. However sometimes they do it for no reason at all and they end up losing all of their time. Again this isn't some just not acting but standing up from the table to trigger back and forth between the two time banks to stall the maximum amount for time for no reason.

I don't get it.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that such a timer starts when you lose contact with the room! This happened to me and I had to restart the room, although the Internet worked well for me!

W

WarrenCushing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that such a timer starts when you lose contact with the room! This happened to me and I had to restart the room, although the Internet worked well for me!

That is probably it. Hmm, I know some people are purposely losing their connection back and forth then it's obvious at times.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think some do it intentional but other times it could legitimately be a spotty connection where it goes out for a period and then it'll only get back online for a few seconds but not enough before one can make an action and it'll go back to the disconnected timer. That's happened to me in stretches and since I'm not abusing it, I'm thankful the disconnected timer exists so I can hopefully make a decision in time. The timer doesn't reset after every time one disconnects and reconnects, so once that "tactic" is used up, then they'll go the foreseeable future without it.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Red X means they have disconnected abruptly from the ACR servers without clicking the Sit Out button. It is our disconnect protection, just in case we have a big hand and can reconnect within a minute or two.

You have to realize, when playing online, you have NO idea what is happening on the other end. I often make funny jokes, such as the player had to suddenly run to the bathroom due to an attack of diarrhea... or I make a sick joke that the player had a heart attack. (not funny) Or... as the saying goes... "life happens" - perhaps their power went out at their house. Perhaps the snow plow hit the box on the street corner taking out their internet feed (yes this actually happened to me once, couldn't play for the next 3 days until they fixed it). Or perhaps the baby started crying in the crib and they ran away to tend to it without clicking the "sit out" button... or perhaps there was a real emergency and they just turned off the computer so they could deal with it and not be tempted by the poker.

There are literally an infinite number of reasons why the Red X could occur, and while I joke about it, we can't ever be certain why people do it. All we can do is maintain our patience and just let the timer wind down slowly while we wait for our turn to play. I doesn't do us any good to get mad, or get aggravated about it. Those are negative emotions which we should always try to avoid while playing poker - heaven knows, this game is hard enough without them!! So if it helps you, perhaps just make a funny joke like I do, and laugh about it. Stay happy, stay positive and stay upbeat! Always focus on positive emotions when playing and avoid the negative ones. My opinions obv. Best wishes!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last edited:
W

WarrenCushing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not mad about it, just wondering why some people do it on purpose for no reason.

Funny thing is, whenever I lose a connection (which is rare), I have have always been instantly folded. Gone for a second and I'm mucked, and the "I'm back" button is there for me.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not mad about it, just wondering why some people do it on purpose for no reason.

Funny thing is, whenever I lose a connection (which is rare), I have have always been instantly folded. Gone for a second and I'm mucked, and the "I'm back" button is there for me.

i actually dont think they do this on purpose. its a bug imo.