ACR players added on final table

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing at a 20 gtd survival mode and i reached the final table. When there are only 3 players left, suddenly 5 more players joined the game. it was only a 0.12 entry tournament but it could happen in a big tournament too! I will never trust ACR again!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely you thought, you were on the final table, but you were actually on the final two tables. And then when someone from your table bust, the tables were merged to create the actual final table :)

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In addition to fundivers explanation, another possibility is that there was a very long late registration period and they simply joined the game very late?

Late registration is very common and especially in the last 2-5 minutes, a lot of people register. Especially if there are few places to ITM. Depends a lot on the tournament structure.

I've seen MTTs in BOL where you can still late reg and get only around 2 BBs. And often this is with only very few places to ITM. But since it seems so appealing, a lot of people do the same and you end up paying the BB once and end up playing bingo. 🤣

Edit:
In addition to the possible explanations, why should they even bother? They only earn very little rake at those buy-ins and are much happy to occupy the bandwidth with more profitable tables for them. 🙂

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In addition to fundivers explanation, another possibility is that there was a very long late registration period and they simply joined the game very late?
It would be very unusual for late reg to last until the final table though. On most sites late reg also closes prematurely, if the tournament is only 1 or 2 away from the money. On the other hand OPs explanation fits perfectly with the creation of the final table in a 8-max event on ACR. With 9 players left there is a table with 5 and one with 4. If someone bust from the table with 4, they are now 3 left, and 5 more will join from the other table. When a really simple explanation like this is possible, we usually dont need to look for a more complicated one ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In addition to the possible explanations, why should they even bother? They only earn very little rake at those buy-ins and are much happy to occupy the bandwidth with more profitable tables for them. 🙂
ACR have hosted a lot of these "special freerolls" lately, where they essentially give away around 10.000$ in each. 5.000$ in the price pool and another 5.000$ in streamers bounties. So yeah. Does not seem all that likely, that they would bother running a super obvious scam on their customers in an event with a 20$ guarantie :)

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most likely you thought, you were on the final table, but you were actually on the final two tables. And then when someone from your table bust, the tables were merged to create the actual final table :)
That wasn't the first time i played that 20 gtd survival mode. I am pretty sure that there was only 1 final table and 5 players added after 3 player left.

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Late registration is very common and especially in the last 2-5 minutes, a lot of people register. Especially if there are few places to ITM. Depends a lot on the tournament structure.

I've seen MTTs in BOL where you can still late reg and get only around 2 BBs. And often this is with only very few places to ITM. But since it seems so appealing, a lot of people do the same and you end up paying the BB once and end up playing bingo. 🤣

Edit:
In addition to the possible explanations, why should they even bother? They only earn very little rake at those buy-ins and are much happy to occupy the bandwidth with more profitable tables for themAfter

Edit:
Late rage is finished after the survival period is over. I was on the final table, no late reg, no 2 final table. I know they wouldn't bother. I think WPN system wrongly made it.

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or more likely you thought so but was wrong ;)

How would a "system" accidentally put players into a game, that did not even register for it? This is not exactly complicated stuff to program ;)
I am not expert on softwares. I am just sure about what happened!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
This cannot be, since the tournament was direct and was watched, who else was playing, then the rest of the players would have noticed it. No poker room will go for it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not expert on softwares. I am just sure about what happened!
Basically there are two options here:

A) There is some amazing flaw in ACRs system, which nobody else have discovered before, despite the site having operated for decades and several forum members including myself having played there.

B) You made an honest mistake by misunderstanding the situation and thinking, you were on the final table, while in fact there were two tables left.

Which of those do you think sounds more likely, if you try to look at it just a little bit objectively? There have also been many posts from people, who thought, the software rewarded the pot to the wrong player. But every time it has turned out, they misread something, or they did not know the rules of the game, they were playing (e.g. shortdeck instead of regular hold`em).

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically there are two options here:

A) There is some amazing flaw in ACRs system, which nobody else have discovered before, despite the site having operated for decades and several forum members including myself having played there.

B) You made an honest mistake by misunderstanding the situation and thinking, you were on the final table, while in fact there were two tables left.

Which of those do you think sounds more likely, if you try to look at it just a little bit objectively? There have also been many posts from people, who thought, the software rewarded the pot to the wrong player. But every time it has turned out, they misread something, or they did not know the rules of the game, they were playing (e.g. shortdeck instead of regular hold`em).
I mean as long as he does not post screenshots or some kind of evidence its just a baseless accusation. Everyone can log in and type something like that. I can login for example and write that my final fable was empty and it was only me playing.

He was obv at the last two tables when this happened. Low count posters who claim these type of things should almost never be taken seriously.

Last edited:
smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am going to side on, the poster made a mistake as I have played on ACR many times and after late registration closes players NEVER just magically appear. There were others tables in play or late registration was still open...end of story, move on with your life.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was playing at a 20 gtd survival mode and i reached the final table. When there are only 3 players left, suddenly 5 more players joined the game. it was only a 0.12 entry tournament but it could happen in a big tournament too! I will never trust ACR again!
kngofpkr, Do you remember if the layout of the screen and table had changed when there were only three players, or did it only change after the five more came in? At ACR the appearance of the final table changes and in the background there is a gallery of spectators. This is ACR before the final table (both are older photos from before they switched to eight players):

ACR Screenshot Bimbo Emily Witch

When you get to the final table the screen looks like this:

Picture3.png

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That table looks like it has a whole bunch of bots on it or a whole bunch of the same person that hasnt even tried to look like different people
User7894 user 4242 user 2625 etc etc

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
whereever there is smoke , there is ( probably ) also fire .
ACR and other poker rooms have some shady accounts and users , very easily you can accuse/tag them as house bots . I have also seen strange players joining all together . In cash games they might be colludors friends , not bots . I have seen that many players who I tag like bots , they are vanished later , cant see them again at the tables . I am bored to searchat sharkscope their usernames , although this i witness many times , not only on ACR ...