ACR Late Registration longer than advertised

D

daniel e hodge

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I did the math wrong but ive noticed that A few 4hr lr tourneys on ACR have actually been 5-6 hours of late registration. Even taking breaks into account I started a 4hr LR tourney at 11a and at 4:50pm we were still in late registration, which is longer than 4 hours.

Anyone know what im not taking into account?

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
For ACR late registration events that I follow and sometimes enter, I recognize that sometimes it isn't a perfect 2 or 4 hour LR period, but usually not as long as what you're saying you see. For example, in a 2-hour LR period, that usually ends after 2:15 in tournament because of the breaks and how they cannot start the 5 minute break until after all tables are done with the last hand.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR is later than advertised

That doesnt surprise me. ACR seems like a shady site. I dont really like playing on there.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Maybe I did the math wrong but ive noticed that A few 4hr lr tourneys on ACR have actually been 5-6 hours of late registration. Even taking breaks into account I started a 4hr LR tourney at 11a and at 4:50pm we were still in late registration, which is longer than 4 hours.

Anyone know what im not taking into account?
I've been playing there since March and, and least in the tournaments I played, have never noticed late registration times not being as advertised. Maybe there was some sort of glitch in the system during the one you are talking about?

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
ACR has many hours of LateReg , I think I would prefer it less hours of LR , even if that meant smaller prizepools . If it made a blind restructure , reschedule games in better hours , it would made up for the loss of the extra LR hours , imo .

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest headache is that there are usually player caps with these and people wait till the end to get those numbers. The people who come in late are usually going all in because by that point their chips are not as valuable. The only good point is that we were knocking them out almost as fast as they were coming in before the money bubble when I played. It is idiotic and I was playing for almost 6 hours and only made about 30 cents. I have no idea who came up with the numbers, but they are needing to do better math. It causes them to get an even worse reputation. Right now I would say I will only play every few days there.