Account verification

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Checking is needed in poker rooms, but in pokerstars I deduced $ 400 I did not require documents, 888 poker requires documents for verification, if you are OK with the documents, then there will not be problems!

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it normal for a poker room to require copies of documents and even from your bank account?

Many (if not all) poker rooms have different restrictions with which players must comply. For example, you mustn't be underaged, or you mustn't be from a country where online gambling is illegal and etc. Upon account creation you can specify any info you want but the only way to ensure that info you provided is true is to check it via some documents which confirm your identity and other stuff (like age).

Though i can't say when verification procedure is usually applied; poker stars, for example, hasn't yet requested any documents from me despite the fact i played freerolls for like a month and won a little bit of money (but i haven't withdrawn any money from there and haven't made any deposits).

ankitantil

ankitantil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's all for your safety. Yes your documents are totally safe with them only trusted poker site. If you won big amount in poker your documents are only proof that money belongs to you.

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i did a cash out, they sent me a check from germany and I remember i did the account verification with argentina document.

It's normal.

G

great merlo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Waaaa waaaa

So pokerstars as of 2 days ago has decided I need to verify my account. Now I've had cashouts lots so I was a little upset they didn't do this then, but the only way I knew that they wanted it was they took away my scratch cards. Now I've complied with everything they have asked and I still haven't gotten the scratch cards back. I'm still unsure as to why now

O

oldolm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont be scary of that , they cant use your details as they say , i never had problem with this... but i was scary too in my start to make this :)