Accessible Online poker for developers as well

C

Chris08

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,
I havent found any solution to this problem as of yet. Maybe someone is able to help.
I brought this question up some time ago.
I am visually impaired and I know that me and others want to join the fun but at the moment we are not able to due to graphics and other things in the different poker clients.
We need to have the cards showing as text. Some of the poker clients have already this but only the cards that are on the table. I don't think there is any client that shows both the players cards in text as well as the cards on the table.
We also need keyboard shortcuts to access the different functions in the game.
If there is any poker software developer out there who read this i can provide links to where you can get more info in making your poker software communicating with the screen reader.
A screen reader is an application that monitors the activity on the screen and gives the output to either braille and or synthethic speech.
If there are any questions, I'll do my best to answer.
If you know of any site that might be worth trying, I'm very interested!
I am bringing this up again since I think that this is an important question.
All the best, and thanks,
Chris

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris,

I remember your first post awhile back about this. I'm sorry you still haven't found some place to be helpful for you and your friends. If I come across a site for you I will post it.
Good luck