Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering if there would be any interest in a team oriented poker league? I envision teams of 5 or so folks playing weekly scheduled matches for a defined season. Of course the mods would be a team that would certainly thrash all comers (even though we're saddled with Nick). If we get some interest and good ideas about format, structure, and stakes - we'll give this one a go.

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmm. I'm not sure. It really depends on the format. If we get too far into teams, collusion comes into play. Not saying anyone would, but it presents quite a bit of incentive to maybe not call one of your teammates big raises when one of the opposition is on the bubble, for example.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
joshyb20 said:
Hmmmm. I'm not sure. It really depends on the format. If we get too far into teams, collusion comes into play. Not saying anyone would, but it presents quite a bit of incentive to maybe not call one of your teammates big raises when one of the opposition is on the bubble, for example.
But that would be the whole point of it wouldn't it? It would be something a bit different - no idea whether it would work though.

Dave, these ideas are great, but can we stagger them a bit? This would be the FOURTH special event, and there is also the Paradise and Titan games.

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If no one else sees a problem with it then I don't either, but it does present quite a pickle doesn't it? As far as the number of games, I just like to play. I ditched Paradise after that one fiasco, but other than that and the stars ones, I try to make everything I can. While not everyone will be able to make every event, I think more events is a good thing because it presents more opportunities for more people. With time differential and work schedules to contend with, not everyone can make certain dates, but if we have a wide variety of events on a wide variety of days, surely people will be able to find one that fits. Keep up the good work, Dave, and keep 'em coming.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dave I think that this is a great idea, remember if the guys vs gals idea works out then we could run the teams event in a similar format, ie 1 from each team playing a sit and go.

As regards teams, i feel that you important "mods" or "headbangers" or whatever could be team captains ? Might just add to the sense of competition.

hmmmm Maybe i sense team "headbangers" already ?

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just trying to collect some data about whether we have interest in this type of event. There would be a ton of details to work out so this is for the future. Actually if we have the interest, this probably wouldn't start until the first of the year. We do need to start thinking about this now so we have time to iron out everything...

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like that idea too, i used to be in a pool league, it would be the same thing, in that we used to get 2 bucks from all the players and at the ebd of the season we would have a clamboil, that wont work here but we maybe put a few bucks in for Nick to hold and at the end of the season the top 5 or 10 players split the money, by that i mean the best player would get,lets say 60%> 2nd best a little lower percentage and so on. just an idea to think about.

buckster436:hello:

tazztaz

tazztaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the idea, I posted something about it back in the summer, i think we were in a summer slump, with low trafic. Now that trafic has picked up maybe we acn get something going! I have seen some team leagues at other fourms, but don't know exactly how it works, I am sure if we put our head together we can come up with something. I'll look into some of those fourms that have them and try to get some ideas for a format if we have enough folks that feel up to it. Keep it alive Dave.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have no fear folks, I will not let the idea die if we have interest. I really enjoy spending Nick's money and he hasn't got to mad at me yet. I'm convinced that good events will make us grow and I want to be able to offer something for everyone...

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing today, I am very interested. I had a lot of fun. Dave, I think what we could do is find out how many people want to play. From there, lets say there are 30. We then could put 5 to a team, with 6 teams, which will either be formed randomly, by simply joining together with who you want to team with, or (my choice) via "draft". If we draft for teams, we would select 6 captains through nominations in a thread, i.e. Grum, xDman, Greg, Buckster, Tazztaz, and you just for example. Then, through random selection, done by an unbiased person not among the captains, we would select the draft order. They would then select their 4 teammates each from the list of the first other 24 people signed up. We could then do 10 person SnG's on poker.com, like how we are doing the GvG matches, in a round robin format, alotting points for finishing positions, and then the higher total of the two teams gets the W. We could also add a bonus for the overall winner of the match. If we have 6 teams, we could do a match a week, for 5 weeks, then have the top 4 play in a playoff. I think this would work very well, and would be quite enjoyable. Let me know what you think.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing my first team event last night I have to say it was fun and very different. Yes, it's not pure you against the world poker, but the added strategy of working towards a team outcome was interesting. Joshy and I did not discuss how we'd play last night in advance, but we did pick up on each others plays and functioned very effectively. I think this would be a fun diversion from normal games and I hope we get enough interest...

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would certainly be interested in giving it a go.

bigjace

bigjace

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting idea Dave,count me in.

MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds interesting .... and depends what site you use too. Keep us posted Dave.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be there. The guy vs. girl matches sure have been fun.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another 5-10 folks and we can make this work. I know we have more folks that will play, they just need to vote so I know whether we can pull this off. I didn't plan to start this until after the first of the year as we have other events to finish...

gordo30

gordo30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeh you can count me in,let me know if we have to find our own partners or teams but i will certainly play thamks

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We still need a few more to make this viable so c'mon folks sign up...

tazztaz

tazztaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just by looking at the amount of responce :icon_shak . Two teams would be almost pointless, three would be Ok:hmmmm: maybe we could apoint some captians, and let them recute there team.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we can get to 24, I see 6, 4 person teams. Assuming we can get to the six teams I need volunteers to be team captains. Any nominees?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With players picked by a draft! I nominate me.

Gizzi315

Gizzi315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Number 23

This sounds like LOTS of fun! As a newbie, not only to this site but also to Holdem, having me on a team may not be alot of help, but I am an AWESOME cheerleader! :p

Gizzi :)

The Silencer

The Silencer

The Nearly Man
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to

I really like the idea dave but i have one problem i only play on UB so tell me if anyone would like to make it work on UB it would be fun

SHERMSTICK

SHERMSTICK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly

I welcome the opportunity to play in a league, an if no one steps up to the plate then by all means i'll assume Command:cool:

SHERMSTICK