ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all ,
Just joined a poker room and played a few freerolls (didn't cash yet ) ,
However now they have locked my account and are requesting i.d number and proof of address? ? Surely this isn't normal? ?
Anyone else experience this ?

"1) Copy of your ID or Passport.

2) Proof of address – any utility bill (electricity, water, gas,
internet) for the period of last 3 months"

Last edited:
Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not see in your message, what poker room is it about?!. And from what country are you? As I am aware, there are fairly stringent requirements for players from certain countries to confirm their age, according to local legislation.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Hi all ,
Just joined a poker room and played a few freerolls (didn't cash yet ) ,
However now they have locked my account and are requesting i.d number and proof of address? ? Surely this isn't normal? ?
Anyone else experience this ?

"1) Copy of your ID or Passport.

2) Proof of address – any utility bill (electricity, water, gas,
internet) for the period of last 3 months"
Nothing unusual.

If you want to play in that room then you will have to do as they ask, if you win any cash you will have to send that info to them before you will be able to withdraw, so it's no different sending it now or later.

:icon_flow

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not see in your message, what poker room is it about?!. And from what country are you? As I am aware, there are fairly stringent requirements for players from certain countries to confirm their age, according to local legislation.

Hi, it's " Red Star Poker " , and I live in Zimbabwe, i have just never been asked for i.d or passport # before , and proof of address? ? Since when ? Do they wanna come for tea ?
I just find it a bit strange , i haven't replied them yet. ...

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing unusual.

If you want to play in that room then you will have to do as they ask, if you win any cash you will have to send that info to them before you will be able to withdraw, so it's no different sending it now or later.

:icon_flow

Really ? It has bitcoin facilities, so i thought it's pretty simple then,
other sites do ask for residential address etc , but not i.d # ..?
I'll give a bit of a breather before i rush to replying their email , please excuse the apparent paranoia, I'm still amazed is all, never been asked that before ....

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
ID such as a drivers license and a utility bill with your name on it is standard.

[emoji106]

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is completely normal and standard procedure.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alright, thanks all , needed some reassurance ;) , lol , #drama for the day

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm still amazed is all, never been asked that before ....

Perhaps they have never registered from Zimbabwe? :D

This is a European poker room, and there are a lot of players from Russia. Perhaps they were surprised by your address. Do not worry, just send them what they want.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really dont think there is poker room, sportsbetting site or whatever that doesnt require id and proof of residence, is there any?

ID is asked to verify that you are not underage and to stop people from making multiple accounts.

Residence is asked because if lets say you live in USA its illegal to play at pokerstars while its perfectly legal if you live in Greece.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all , thanks, i will send them what they need, true story though, i have never been asked for i.d , and i have been on plenty sites ,
Full tilt
william hill
Netbet
Americas card room
poker stars
And maybe a few more that i registered on but didn't really play a lot on , it's all good, i haven't been on new sites for a while ,

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, I'm back in action at the poker room redstar poker, into the 1st hour on the regular freeroll, and playing the turbo rebuy as well