A few cents can be worth their weight in gold!

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
pokerstars closing freerolls is not good because sometimes to get to a big tournament like $109 I sometimes have $108 and need $1 that I could get from freerolls before!
In the long term, this may negatively affect the good reputation and popularity of pokerstars
This should have been done by first agreeing with the players by survey or otherwise!
I would like to hear your thoughts, thanks!

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
First of all, if you enter a tournament for your whole bankroll, this is not healthy bankroll management or basically no management at all.

Second, I'm not familiar with their whole reasoning for this business decision but I genuinely believe that they were expecting that not everyone will appreciate their decision. But most likely that's a risk they calculated beforehand. At least I hope so.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Most of us are going to miis those free in pokerstar, it helps to practice and to increase your bankroll.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If PokerStars removed freerolls, then there were reasons for that. In any case, there will be 20% less activity, or maybe% more players. Let's see if they really lose profit on this, as players can earn a bankroll on freerolls and win money in tournaments, and then just withdraw them from the room.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If PokerStars removed freerolls, then there were reasons for that. In any case, there will be 20% less activity, or maybe% more players. Let's see if they really lose profit on this, as players can earn a bankroll on freerolls and win money in tournaments, and then just withdraw them from the room.

Well, you could never win big money from the $100 guaranteed cardschat tournament that was pokerstars
This is not about money, but about the principle of giving someone a bad mood

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i know i am pretty disappointed in 'stars . i just dont understand the logic or the business reasons behind the decision .

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well, you could never win big money from the $100 guaranteed cardschat tournament that was pokerstars
This is not about money, but about the principle of giving someone a bad mood

Perhaps you should direct your inquiries to the Marketing Dept. or perhaps Upper Management. You might really be on to something here... I mean think about it... IF player is in 'bad' mood, they are not going to want to spend money, they are not going to want to play, and they might go on social media platforms (& forums) & express negative things about the site. This in turn might drive other freerollers away from the site! (< this alone could result in them losing thousands! ... of freerollers)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In the long term, this may negatively affect the good reputation and popularity of pokerstars
This should have been done by first agreeing with the players by survey or otherwise!
I would like to hear your thoughts, thanks!

I have noticed that you have actually played 10's of thousands of games on Pokerstars with the large majority of them being satellite freerolls (stuff like where top5 out of a few hundred will win something). And playing dozens of them every day. And also winning some tickets (even $109) and cashing with them.
My first question to you is Why wouldn't you have put a few dollars aside, to invest in YOURSELF by playing more games that are actually 'buy-in' games? (even if they're only $0.50 or $1). Instead of going back to the mindless grind of playing so many more of those terrible freerolls. ???

So did you leave yourself with $0 in your account and so you have nothing to play? OR do you still have $$'s in your account but are still steadfast in your decision to not invest in yourself? (not only investing in hopes of earning a profit in the longrun but also investing in your own recreation

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, I think you shouldn't play with all your money you have to try your luck in one tournament, it's a big risk. You should play at lower stakes and increase your money. Secondly, Pokerstars makes this decision because they are growing in their level and nothing will affect them if they remove other free tournaments and leave only their own, it will be better for them in the long run and they have already grown up from this you will see how many months they will grow online and there will be more people

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Yes, I think you shouldn't play with all your money you have to try your luck in one tournament, it's a big risk. You should play at lower stakes and increase your money. Secondly, Pokerstars makes this decision because they are growing in their level and nothing will affect them if they remove other free tournaments and leave only their own, it will be better for them in the long run and they have already grown up from this you will see how many months they will grow online and there will be more people
Sometimes you have to think about the little children, widows and orphans - in poker parlance, that means don't push away those people who aren't so rich because they have heart too!

Shame on the poker stars!

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
PS is a large room, they are not new to the gaming industry, they have statistics on their work and a team of people who make decisions in order to get more benefits and reduce risks. Apparently the decision was justified. We don't have their tables with numbers.
Personally, I was saddened by their decision.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
PS is a large room, they are not new to the gaming industry, they have statistics on their work and a team of people who make decisions in order to get more benefits and reduce risks. Apparently the decision was justified. We don't have their tables with numbers.
Personally, I was saddened by their decision.
A sea can exist if big rivers flow into it, but rivers live from many small streams that flow into them, but streams are made up of many drops of water - same with poker, we are each a small drop that makes up the big poker ocean

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is possible they feel that they are popular enough to warrant such changes, without it hurting their overall profits too much, Let's be serious, You don't make money by giving it away.
I have played on smaller Sites, that offered comparable Freerolls, but with the terms and conditions they stopped after you won a set amount, Like PKR.com who offered a 10 Cent giveaway game every hour, but you could only win up to $2 before you were banned from them. So that $2 was my starting Bankroll that I used to build a Bankroll of over $150 before they went into Liquidation.
Yes it took a long time but I wasn't interested in getting rich quick, for me I played for the love of the game, not the love of Money. Poker is a Game I enjoy playing whether it is a cash game or MTT, I really don't care, If I have the time I will sit down to a large MTT and play for hours, but if I am limited to an hour or so I might register for a single table game or a Cash game depending on my circumstances at the time.
Poker is not a means of making money, it is a Hobby that passes a little free time whenever I am in the mood, the only difference is It pays for itself, and that is all I ever want from the game.
Too many players are focused on what they could Win, but if you focused on your playing skills instead, then the money comes anyway.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It is possible they feel that they are popular enough to warrant such changes, without it hurting their overall profits too much, Let's be serious, You don't make money by giving it away.
I have played on smaller Sites, that offered comparable Freerolls, but with the terms and conditions they stopped after you won a set amount, Like PKR.com who offered a 10 Cent giveaway game every hour, but you could only win up to $2 before you were banned from them. So that $2 was my starting Bankroll that I used to build a Bankroll of over $150 before they went into Liquidation.
Yes it took a long time but I wasn't interested in getting rich quick, for me I played for the love of the game, not the love of Money. Poker is a Game I enjoy playing whether it is a cash game or MTT, I really don't care, If I have the time I will sit down to a large MTT and play for hours, but if I am limited to an hour or so I might register for a single table game or a Cash game depending on my circumstances at the time.
Poker is not a means of making money, it is a Hobby that passes a little free time whenever I am in the mood, the only difference is It pays for itself, and that is all I ever want from the game.
Too many players are focused on what they could Win, but if you focused on your playing skills instead, then the money comes anyway.
I'm surprised that 888 poker has been offering several free tournaments every day for years, but it doesn't affect them financially