Is this a bad time to open an account at Merge, Cake, etc?

rowhousepd

rowhousepd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a US player who had a Full Tilt account as of this afternoon and who is already feeling pangs & poker-withdrawal.
icon_sad.gif
Assuming that someday I'll be getting my $ back from FT (and I realize that's a big assumption, but thankfully I don't depend on my bankroll for survival), would this be a bad time to open a new account on one of the other US-"friendly" sites that weren't banned today?

I'm thinking that although it might soon away like Starts & FT just did and it may one day just not be available, there might be a an outbreak of really stooopid playing because people feel like their days are numbered, so what the hell, I'll shove middle pair on this wet board, screw it?

Also, is it just a pipe dream to think that maybe things will be different for Merge, etc., because they were not named in the recent DOJ lawsuit (as they were not engaging in bank fraud) and they'll stick around a while longer?

rowhousepd

rowhousepd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just noticed this semi-endorsement by CardsChat of other rooms not (yet) banned in the US: https://www.cardschat.com/us-poker-sites.php. Is CC really able to get behind this? Is it a little irresponsible to say something like this ... today of all days? I'm not saying they're not, but I'm very tempted to throw caution to the wind and just find a way to start playing again.

Below we have ranked the best real money US poker sites that are accepting US players. They each have solid payment processing solutions in place, so that players can get their money in and out of their online poker accounts with ease.

US Poker Players: Some US online poker sites have shut down access to US players. PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker have stopped accepting US players. We highly recommend switching to one of the below listed poker sites to continue playing US online poker.

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im still playing on full tilt, but this whole damn thing is annoying. I'm too am trying to figure out where to go for the upcoming "lockout".

S

slimez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not exactly sure how this will all end but I join every site that still accepts U.S. players that is listed on CC just to have a chance to build my BR from freerolls. I wouldn't waste my time depositing new funds into any online site until this whole thing is figured out. My reason behind this is a few of these sites may stray away from U.S players altogether depending on what happens with the big 3 in the days to come. That's just my opinion though