$1150 profit SnG run - yes I'm bragging

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played a lot of SnGs (several 1000) but I've just for the very first time finished in the money (in fact final 2) in 6 in a row.

My last 10 finishes are

1st - $250
2nd - $150
6th
5th
2nd - $150
1st - $250
2nd - $150
1st - $250
1st - $250
1st - $250

Which is $1700 - $550 buyin for a $1150 profit :)

All the nicer because I've just had a decent run on the MTTs which has boosted my roll and let me move back to the $55 SnGs from the $33s. These are the ten I've played since the move back.

I've had three and four in a row a few times and even the three wins before more than once, but a run like this only compares with the 14 non-money finishes I had on the $33s nearly two years ago.

No real suckouts but I have to say that pretty much every time I got my chips in ahead the hand held up to the extent that I've been very lucky.

My ROI over the last 187 $55 SnGs I have recorded is 26.4% and the in the money is 37.4%.

So woohoo and wahey and twiddly-dee!

Coryan

Coryan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With that run, you're allowed to brag!

:party:

Hell of a run, hope it continues!

:party:

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice, Irexes :)

My record was (...looks back at PT...) 1st, 3rd, then 4 more 1sts. But these were $10s, and they were also 6-seaters...oh yeah and tack in a 2nd place at a 10-seater in between there somewhere.

Oh and my record for misses was 7 in a row back when I was swinging away at the $35s on stars.

Here's to running goot! Keep it up :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice Irexes - do you offer private lessons? lol

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice irexes may it continue for a long time:D

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice run Irexes.

On SNG`s, for some reason, I have gone the other way!!!

I managed to turn a $375 profit in Oct to a $400 ish loss in Jan :confused:

So, the moto of the story is - for SNG`s, take Irexes advice, not Ronaldadios :D

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's only variance doing it's thing in a postive way for a change Ron, but it's nice while it lasts.

I've been setting up my new Vista PC (and arguing with it over certain compatibility issues) so my run lasts another 24 hours as I've not had a chance to blow it yet :)

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great run, soon you can make a living out of playing poker if this keeps up.

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
way to go . you are on fire lol

Vegas Cat

Vegas Cat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Way to go! Keep at it!

Do you play a few SnG at a time or one at time?

Vegas Cat

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 at a time, though I play almost entirely to my strategy and by the numbers until 4 way or the blinds get to a certain point, but I really start paying attention once they do.

For the record I got a 2nd and a third for 8 in the monies in a row before catching a sixth :)

Great run, be a long time before I see another like it.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you know about the Jackpot SNGs at Titan, Irexes ?

If you can repeat this effort there and win 6 in a row, you get a really heavy bonus prize.

XxJackAcexX

XxJackAcexX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats

congrats to you and hope it continues!! i can't seem to catch a streak!! but that don't stop me from losing it all and trying to win it back lol :boxing: its a hard road (poker) . but the travels are an adventure!!!

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you know about the Jackpot SNGs at Titan, Irexes ?

If you can repeat this effort there and win 6 in a row, you get a really heavy bonus prize.

I've heard of these things but I think I've flirted with the far end of the bell curve here for probably the only time. My SNG ROI is around the 20% mark and win rate is about 16% (over a not massive sample, probably artificially high) so to be generous 16% to the power of six for 6 wins in a row and a jackpot. Their money is safe :)

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See what you mean. ;)

On those numbers, my ROI is better than yours (though I`m playing $11 buyins mostly), and I`ve always figured the Titan jackpot was out of my reach.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heh heh :)

I just checked and my ROI on $55 has gone from 16% after 177 to 27.6% after 191 (essentially my very nice run).

Goes to show how big a sample is required to even get close to an accurate figure.

Overall I'm sure I'm around a 20% chap.