$10-40 MTT tourneys with 2000+ players

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot in tourneys that usually have 2200-2500 players. Top 300 pays 1.5-2x buy in and up.

What % ITM should my goal be? I say 25% based on past experience, but Im not sure if that is realistic.

I've compared it to SNG's where I take 1-1.5x the % that make the money to shoot for my ITM%, so if top 3 positions pay, Im hoping to hit money 30-45%

In a tournament like I listed above 300/2400 would be 12.5% ITM, so that would mean shoot for ITM 1/8 times to 1/5 times, but the only way to make money doing that is to finish high enough to make it profitable.

Anyway, just curious on others take.

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forget the ITM%.

ROI ROI ROI (% or $)

Your ITM could be 30% and you could be losing money, and
you ITM could be 10% and you could be making a small fortune in profit

around 85% of people have a negative ROI in MTTs, and many of those have a good ITM%. Therefore it is essentially irrelevant as a statistic.

A good player can sustain a 40% to 100% ROI.

A very very good player can sustain close to a 200% ROI.

(these are stats based upon a 2000 MTT dataset being enough to satisfy the 'sustainable' tag)

JeeDub84

JeeDub84

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well put welly. The only thing that matters is the ROI%. This is because around 60% of the players who cash only get double or triple thier buy in back. Now to make a good profit at this then you would need a ridiculously high ITM%. Now I dont imagine you are getting a 80% ITM which is around the percentage you would need to make a consistent profit.