$1,000 Weekly Freeroll at FT

P

Project2501

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just played round 1 and am now entered to win a top prize of 100 dollars lol. There are already 15000 other people that will be/not be playing tomorrow. What a joke. With all the money that site brings in you would think they would try and reward people for playing. The only thing I like at Full Tilt is the academy. The software sucks, the freerolls suck, and there are much better poker opportunities elsewhere. Just my .02(which is probably the top prize in the next freeroll). :)

C

chipmachine

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love the freerolls on FT, nothing but fish to eat :).
emoticon_rolleyes.png

JMTalbert

JMTalbert

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played in several of these so far. I got pretty far and big stacked in a couple and busted out early in a couple. The things that freerolls are best for, IMHO, is practice. If you happen to win some change or a couple of dollars, that's even better. There are too many over aggressive plays and donks to take them too seriously, but I try to play just as I would if it was my normal $2 or $5 tourney entry level.

M

mstram

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing I like at Full Tilt is the academy. The software sucks, the freerolls suck, and there are much better poker opportunities elsewhere. Just my .02(which is probably the top prize in the next freeroll). :)

IMO they have the best software, why do you think it sucks?

The acadamey / freerolls is their best freeroll deal. Very easy to get into. So easy in fact, I almost don't see the point of having to pass the "tests". Might as well just have the freerolls open to anybody.

I the tests / video guess maybe to lure players into playing for more money with the "skills" they learn at the academy ? :cool:

M

mstram

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After second break I'm 2386 / 6,461.

On my dialup, the software is lagging like crazy .... something which has never happened even when I've played in the 7500 player fields.

....Seems to be better now after the break .... we'll see.

I won a big hand, was up to 6k in chips, .. then slid all the way down to 2k, just won another big pot with my TT's :D back up to 6.5K .... 2074 / 3956

*** I'm out JJ loses to T8 (he made a straight) :(

Last edited:
swrittenb

swrittenb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I can't handle these anymore. Played in about four of them, placed well, but it's so speculative for such a tiny shot at a cash.

FWIW, Lee Watkinson came 6587th out of 16689 total players. If he'd managed to hold on until 90th, he'd have earned a cool $2! :rolleyes:

And yes, I absolutely agree that Full Tilt has the best software. Playing on UB and looking at the hand histories feels like they just plugged some flashy software over an old server from 1986.

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
itsa good thing

I agree with you, this is a good thing. Fulltilt has changed their freeroll structure and i think its great. The normal freerolls have gone up 50bucks and like you said there is a weekly 1k!!! More people but hey at least its not as bad as pokerstars.........lol

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I qualified for this weekend $1,000 freeroll but now 30,000 freeroll with top 90 paid i need devine inspiration

M

mstram

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I "tried" to play in the $1k yesterday.

Software was lagging so bad, it disconnected / folded me out of just about every other hand.

There were "only" 19,000 entrants, so I don't know why their software obviosly cant handle an additional ~10k players .. at least on my pc. (I played the ~10,000 player daily dollar and it ran smoothly, no lag at all).

I can play two or even 3 7500 freerolls simulatenously, with no lag at all ... and this is on dialup !!.

But the $1k one is unplayable. ... Hm maybe deliberately so, on FT' part (conspiracy theory .. lol), so I don't think I'll bother trying again.

negroapaz

negroapaz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth that I loved to play the tournament of 2700 players, but now is not funny, you'll be playing 4 hours to charge 0.90 to charge more because you have to be 5 or 6 hours a shame .. a mi me ends up winning the tire...

D

DrMarcelo55

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this tournaments is so boring. A big field trying to bust 30k people for 100 dollars. Its crazy

negroapaz

negroapaz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we have to speak to FTP, we will ignore? how many tournaments we prefer 2700 or at most 4000, I think if we all agree on that or increase the number of winners and money, so I think that there is no chance
jaja

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I never complain about something that is free.

CntryBoys

CntryBoys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think its crazy to beat out 30k people or so to win $100. If you dont have a bankroll and are trying to build 1 I can see playin a tourny like that. Think about this though. 30k people with a buy in of $1 thats a $30k prize pool between 30k people instead of 1k prize pool. Winner would get more like $3k to win instead of $100. Thats sounds more logical to me to spend $1 to try and beat 30k people for a good chunk of change instead of 30k for $100

A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure they changed the number of players to 7500 because people were having a hard time getting registered in time. These tourneys are good practice and a good way to start a free BR. I actually prefer the change because they are now offering more FRs a day and they are easier to register for.