WSOP Main Event has been scheduled for December

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The 2020 wsop Main Event has been finalized, but the world championship of poker is going to look very different. To gain a better idea of how the WSOP has decided to run their Main Event for 2020, take a look at the article linked here >>> Unique Version of WSOP Main Event Scheduled for December

Just to put it out there, if you qualify to play any of the poker sites mentioned in the article, there is an opportunity to weekly freerolls for as little as $1 leading up to the event.

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am extremely disappointed in the WSOP's interpretation of a 2020 Main Event. Very poorly done. I won't watch or care. This is NOT a real world championship ... and it probably won't happen anyway, the Rio will (still) be closed come late December. See y'all next summer when we do it right!!!

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a rule that requires a final table pre COVID test. If you test positive you are disqualified and receive a minimum final table payment. I retweeted this.

P

pvenditto88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting news thanks for sharing.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to see them run the tournament for 2020.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a rule that requires a final table pre COVID test. If you test positive you are disqualified and receive a minimum final table payment. I retweeted this.

That is incredible right?

Does that mean there won't be plexiglass separating players and dealer from each other?

I mean if it works at live poker right now - then why wouldn't plexiglass dividers work at the final table?

P

pvenditto88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone here going to be participating?

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure how this will go, or how much people will really care about this event this year. But lets see what the reception is.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not sure how this will go, or how much people will really care about this event this year. But lets see what the reception is.

Time will tell, for sure. With Covid-19 infection numbers rising all around the world, it's hard to imagine right now, isn't it?

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
With travel restrictions returning, I don't see them pulling this off.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With travel restrictions returning, I don't see them pulling this off.

Travel restrictions within the USA? I know the border is closed from canada to the USA but doesn't stop us from boarding a plane to the USA.

It will be interesting to see if the increase in Covid-19 cases/deaths changes many minds.

WSOP