WSOP 2023 declares a new winner in the Ladies Event!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Tammy Abraham, of the USA, is the 2023 world series of poker Ladies Champion! Tammy won $192,167 and the sought-after bracelet after defeating the largest wsop Ladies' field since 2006 of 1127.

Final table of 2023 WSOP Ladies Championship.

1Tammy AbrahamUnited States$192,167
2Shiina OkamotoJapan$118,768
3Nam NguyenUnited States$85,756
4Suzanne MalavetUnited States$62,658
5Mary DvorkinIsrael$46,333
6Tara CainUnited States$34,679
7Chrysi PhiniotisCyprus$26,277

World Series of Poker Ladies Champion Crowned in Record-Breaking Event

tamar-and-rail-800x533.jpeg

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello very good the progress of women in poker

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was an amazing final table. Abraham rebounded after being very short stack, she push KJ spades and got a straight, against the Big Stack player (Okamoto) and didn't stop until she won.
The heads up was great, both of thetm played very well, and Okamoto was an tough opponent there!
Congrats to the winners and to all who participated! Great women players there! 👏👏

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was an amazing final table. Abraham rebounded after being very short stack, she push KJ spades and got a straight, against the Big Stack player (Okamoto) and didn't stop until she won.
The heads up was great, both of thetm played very well, and Okamoto was an tough opponent there!
Congrats to the winners and to all who participated! Great women players there! 👏👏
I love shortstack comebacks!

My goal is always to just reach the final table.

And then I can make things really happen!!

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Cool prizes! I'm sort of surprised that such sums are awarded in Ladies events and that there are so many participants there!

And I'm sorry if I'm an inattentive reader, but what was the buy-in?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's @Ashley Sleeth on the right side of the photo? In affirmative case, could have placed a cap from our community there on the table too.

Where was the press team on this moment? :D

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure if you are referring to our Tammy or not but the winner and our Tammy are not the same. :)
Gotcha! Sure wish it was our Tammy but knew it wasn't. :sneaky:

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Cool prizes! I'm sort of surprised that such sums are awarded in Ladies events and that there are so many participants there!

And I'm sorry if I'm an inattentive reader, but what was the buy-in?
The Event is named the $1,000 LADIES No-Limit Hold’em Championship. The buyin is $10,000 with a $9,000 discount for women.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i hope no men spoiled the party this year . good job to all the final table ladies !

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
She managed to win a very nice amount and also got a nice bracelet, congrats! :)

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The Event is named the $1,000 LADIES No-Limit Hold’em Championship. The buyin is $10,000 with a $9,000 discount for women.
Wow, it's interesting way of handling buyins. I guess it's for all these men who feel the need to play in women's tournaments, because they feel discriminated, but in actuality - entitled. I wonder, has there been a man who still decided to play there on such terms 🤔 or suddenly, after seeing the BI, all the desire disappeared 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you Shelly 🤗

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought Okamoto was going to win the tournament but Abraham was the best in the end.This was the first ladies FT I see.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow, it's interesting way of handling buyins. I guess it's for all these men who feel the need to play in women's tournaments, because they feel discriminated, but in actuality - entitled. I wonder, has there been a man who still decided to play there on such terms 🤔 or suddenly, after seeing the BI, all the desire disappeared 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you Shelly 🤗
You're welcome, darling! :)

Men have played this event in the past and have paid the $10k to enter. I don't think there were any men who entered this year, though.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought Okamoto was going to win the tournament but Abraham was the best in the end.This was the first ladies FT I see.
She did win, but wasn't "the best".

Got extremely lucky 6-handed.

20230704 205637
20230704 205613

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is very beautiful to see women playing poker very well 😍

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Try to have some class.
Class? I understand where you might be coming from except...

That's an odd comment when it comes to the win and how Tamar Abraham reacted. She completely blanked Shiina Okamoto who came second offering her no congratulations. I was going to post on the matter initially but then decided against. However, several noticed and commented on the stream.

In the moment it might have been understandable - turn and hug your partner. But then surely turn to Okamoto to say well done. Abraham didn't and spent the next 3 minutes hugging everyone on her rail (at points close to Okamoto) but still ignoring her. They were then setting up for an interview with Renko Rinkema covering for her ‘She’s going through the rail hugging everyone, the exact same thing I would do if I won my first bracelet…’ Right. Abraham then appeared to be called to the side (off screen) where someone I assume from production, told her go shake Okamoto’s hand. Abraham then walked over, shook hands briefly, gave a cursory half hug and then moved back for the interview. Renko Rinkema describing it as a ‘beautiful moment’- spare me.

To be frank there were also off comments appearing in the chat (both sides) which didn't help such as 'Bye Bye Hiroshima'. Just did not feel in the general spirit of the women's tournament.

So everyone knows this is what happened, here is the stream of the final table with the winning hand playing out at 4 hours 1.15 minutes. Sorry, but it left a bad taste.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Class? I understand where you might be coming from except...

That's an odd comment when it comes to the win and how Tamar Abraham reacted. She completely blanked Shiina Okamoto who came second offering her no congratulations. I was going to post on the matter initially but then decided against. However, several noticed and commented on the stream.

In the moment it might have been understandable - turn and hug your partner. But then surely turn to Okamoto to say well done. Abraham didn't and spent the next 3 minutes hugging everyone on her rail (at points close to Okamoto) but still ignoring her. They were then setting up for an interview with Renko Rinkema covering for her ‘She’s going through the rail hugging everyone, the exact same thing I would do if I won my first bracelet…’ Right. Abraham then appeared to be called to the side (off screen) where someone I assume from production, told her go shake Okamoto’s hand. Abraham then walked over, shook hands briefly, gave a cursory half hug and then moved back for the interview. Renko Rinkema describing it as a ‘beautiful moment’- spare me.

To be frank there were also off comments appearing in the chat (both sides) which didn't help such as 'Bye Bye Hiroshima'. Just did not feel in the general spirit of the women's tournament.

So everyone knows this is what happened, here is the stream of the final table with the winning hand playing out at 4 hours 1.15 minutes. Sorry, but it left a bad taste.

Understandable. That's terrible!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Understandable. That's terrible!

Yeah, really odd especially as the ladies events normally represents comradeship so well.

Honestly, Poker Orifice, it was hard not to relate what was going on in chat and the comments section from what took place on the final table - but I am not sure that paints a true picture. Abraham battled Okamoto in several hands but it did not appear to justify the spikiness. There were a number of tasteless thing being said about the women and Tamar Abraham on the one hand - some obvious misogynistic trolling - and then there were chauvinistic and borderline racist things being said about Okamoto.

I admit, this colored my perspective on how the final hand played out and how Okamoto got blanked. I'd believe in hindsight, most will acknowledge it wasn't a good look and strive to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I saw the whole event.
Deserved award.
I play important hands the way they should be played.
In the final table I enter first and finish first.
His only lucky hand was an A10s, which the player to his right moved all-in with KK and her Ace came on the river.
Then he reduced all possibility of bluffing and played very firm.
Greetings:):):)

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Every winner of an event like this has to get lucky at certain points. I am so happy for Tammy Abraham! She has been playing for a long time and has really worked hard to improve her game. She gives hope to all of us amateurs with big dreams!

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big dreams are all i can afford, sadly.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I heard that a Tammy won the ladies event. I thought it was our Tammy. But I looked at the photo and I was disappointed 😢. But congratulations 🎊 to the other Tammy.

Winner Poker WSOP