What kind of impact does Covid-19 have with online poker?

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's been a big increase in players in the freerolls and the cash games over at pokerstars. I'm finding the guaranteed games are going way over their overlay's, almost double sometimes. The tournaments seem to be easier to make the money, some of the new players may be a little inexperienced. It's great for online poker, not so much for life in general.

walkkking

walkkking

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the number of players will decrease if there is no coronavirus. Now everyone is at home and they have time to play all day and they also need the money. This will change if there is no virus

I

Iamfishieee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can tell you that online poker has become much better now than before.

Any decent player has had an increase in their win rate.

When people are stuck in doors and bored, let's give online poker a try crosses the minds of even those who are clueless :)

F

flanylpant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its got a ton of people playing again that's for sure

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter how terrible this may sound, they are interested in the pandemic lasting as long as possible.

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
At the moment the poker it s full,in specially the freerol s Tournament s

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure about everyone else, but I haven't been able to operate my business for over 2 months now. So, what do I do all day? Play online poker, watch movies, take naps..

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the same tournament at the same time of day most days of PokerStars. A few weeks ago there was usually 2500-3500 players. Yesterday the same tournament had over 7000 players so definitely a bump. Maybe people were playing while watching the FT of the PokerStars million tournament like I was. Guess we’ll see today if still a lot higher number of players.

Best of luck and stay safe all.