Ultimate Poker - Ramping Up for Regulated US Poker

S

smidjet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thought you were talking about UB when i first started reading they could lose alot of traffic just over there name if they end up going. going to download em and check it out thanks for the post

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys will likely appreciate my interview with the Ultimate Poker's CMO Joe Versaci- he addresses a lot of your comments in this thread and if you check out his answer to my last question you'll see why they chose the brand name Ultimate Poker despite the inherited brand recognition from UltimateBet. :)

I hope you like it, Joe's answer are excellent- he's a pro for sure!

Becky

C

cosmin404

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cool.but i still want us player to play on partypoker.the european players could get richer .so bad us not allowed

Extreme Fishing

Extreme Fishing

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The name sucks but it is good news for US players while we make do with FT and Stars :D

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Joe Veraci's answer to Becky's question about the choice of name is weak IMHO. The fact remains that the majority of OLP players know a little something about the UB scandal and will see that before they think about the actual facts. It is a business mistake to start a biz with a name that reminds players of corruption. They could use the name UFC without deferring (his term) and avoid those reminders. But even then, let us not forget that 5 years ago, every UFC, or MMA event we watched was plastered with ads for FullTilt, and we can not avoid the naming controversy.

That he can think their decision is right brings into question all their decisions.

They may have the perfect OLP solution. But think about it another way. If some company created the most perfect fudge ever tasted by anyone, anywhere, and decided to name it Shit because that is the Englisized version of Shite, would you by it?

Last edited:
S

sylpoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All of this sounds like some positive steps in the right direction at least. But I do agree, the name seems like a silly idea, hope the rest of their ideas are better:)

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
hm i think that there will be poker network in us and that every regulated government will have atleast 1 room in that network so they have all tax from their residents and from poker room

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hm i think that there will be poker network in us and that every regulated government will have atleast 1 room in that network so they have all tax from their residents and from poker room

50 skins ???? Very possible. Might be eons before all 50 states join, but within a few years 30 skins on that network would seem very doable.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope it al works out and the US government finally lets adults make adult choices and play abit of poker with the rest of us:)