Triton High Roller Series Madrid begins May 13th 2022

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone wants to start in all the tournaments in the series, they have to come to the series with a "wallet" thicker than € 1 million.

Not bad. :D

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The Triton High Roller Series has kicked off with a 20K NLH tourney and what a tourney it has been so far. I played the Friday free rolls and had it running in the background...perfect vibe.

A total of 90 entries (with re-entries) and they are now down to the final nine who will play tomorrow. Paul Phua, Rob Yong, Danny Tang are on the FT but the chip leader is Michael Addamo who was a boss the whole night.

Final hand this evening was fantastic when both Adammo and Phua had AK, with an ace on the flop but then two 3's on the board. Adammo made a huge bet on the river repping the set and Paul Phua folded after several minutes of tanking. That meant they traded the chip lead.

Awesome stuff.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Michael Addamo wins the first of the series, the 20K NLH.

Started out the final table as chip leader then fell dropped to the lowest stack befor climbing back up and beating Michael Soyza heads up- he's on a different level at the moment.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there a good source to get live updates?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Paul Phua co-founder of Triton took down the second tourney, Event 2 a 30K NLH buy in, with 90+ entries.

He defeated Erik Seidel heads up with a stellar final table including Ike Haxton, Phil Ivey and Patrik Antonius etc.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Chris Brewer wins Event 3, the 20K Short Deck, with Mike Watson 2nd and Rob Yong 3rd. Tom Dwan (yes, he joined the series as expected) cashed also.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Rui Cao, the French/Chinese takes event 5 (actually event 4 but they screwed the numbering up). That's his second Triton short deck final and, no doubt, he's a good short deck player.

But, I think for quite a few, this tourney highlighted how dubious short deck can be.

First of all, it's a relentless gamble all the way and though I know that has an appeal to some, I think will be the reason this game never gets major traction. Sometime before the bubble it had already come down to all in or fold. Then Rui Cao as a big stack took the initiative to go all in...for what amounted to countless hands in a row (tens of hands), with everyone folding to him and blinding down.

The commentators were trying to play it as a big stack wielding power effectively but even they were balking at times - it was embarrassing.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Mikita Badziakouski takes down his 4th Triton title winning Event 6 for a cool $1.3 million.

Danny Tang 2nd, Fedor Holz 3rd and Ivey cashed.

I think one drawback of these tourneys is that nearly all the players play back to back everyday as well as (reportedly) playing cash games deep into the night. This means several players are obviously dead tired and today's tourney was dire to watch. All through the initial phases barely a word was being said with Phil Ivey yawning as wide as I have ever seen every minute.

One laughable aspect of how pummelled Phil Ivey was by the lack of sleep was seen on his wrist. Ivey has always been a watch guy and used to sport AP Royal Oaks, but this year switched to Patek Philippe. He currently wears a rose gold Nautilus chronograph - very pretty and very distinct.

Except he was apparently so out of it when getting ready to go and play, he was wearing his $200,000 watch upside down. That's right, he had put his watch on 'back to front' so the 6 o'clock was in the 12 o'clock position...and he never noticed to take it off to wear it properly.

That's some weird and wonderful flex.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Michael Addamo wind his second event of the series (sheesh, 2 out of 6) by winning Event 7 the $75k NLH.

Stephen Chidwick 2nd and Seth Davies 3rd.

I would recommend loading the stream and watching the final hour. Seth Davies was card dead, Stephen Chidwick left with a few blinds but he battled back to take the chip lead. Then Addamo fought back again and triumphed. Really impressive play.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Webster Lim takes Event 8, a 50K short deck tourney for a cool $885K which was all but dominated by Chinese (Malay and HK) with Bjorn Li coming 2nd and Winfred Yu 3rd.

Phil Ivey final tables again in 6th for another $182K.

After the debacle of 2 days ago where everyone looked exhausted after a hards night whatever, maybe common sense kicked in as the buy-ins are rising. Players looked chipper and rested with a lot of good humor at the table last night and Phil Ivey wearing his watch properly.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Event 9, the $100K NLH played down from a field of 93 (entries and re-entries) to a final table which will play out tomorrow.

Chip leader down to ninth...Kevin Paque, Sam Grafton, Aleksey Ponakov, Henrik Hecklen, Sam Greenwood, Patrik Antonius, Bruno Volkman, Orpen Kisacikoglu and Alfred DeCarolis.

Cool to watch. 4 others made the money including Chris Brewer and Linus Loeliger.

Striking to see how fields play out, the Asian players heavily weighted towards short deck. No doubt short deck demands skill but also heavy gamble with the Asian players featuring heavily - not so much with the NLE tourneys. Some players play both competently like Danny Tang and Michael Soyza but only Paul Phua and Elton Tsang scraped into the top twenty in the 100K.

Event 10, a $50K Turbo was running simultaneously for much of Event 9 but not featured with the results not yet reported.

For anyone wanting to catch up with streams or some highlights https://www.youtube.com/c/TritonPoker/videos

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks for these updates, DS! :)

My pleasure Shells!

I can see a handful of people check in each update (for whatever reason the Triton series is not being reported elsewhere) so that's enough for me to provide a quick update!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My pleasure Shells!

I can see a handful of people check in each update (for whatever reason the Triton series is not being reported elsewhere) so that's enough for me to provide a quick update!

Our contributors may post something nearer to the conclusion of the Triton series (just my guess) but I'm on the lookout for any CardsChat content to add to this thread. :)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Dramatic end to the final table of the $100K NLH Main Event which had 93 entries and re-entries combined

Various players went out in fairly short order with Orpen Kisacikoglu, who had been shortest stack with 6 left being dealt AA then AK then AA again in a handful of hands, to knock out a couple and become chip leader. Top three all made a million plus…

Kevin Paque came 3rd for approximately $1.1 million and then Henrik Hecklen and Orpen Kisacikoglu on similar stacks made a deal giving them both just over $2 million with a nominal $80K and the title left to play for.

Heads up resumed but it was all over immediately as Orpen Kisacikoglu was dealt pocket 4’s and Henrik Hecklen pocket kings first hand...and the rest was history – Henrik Hecklen champ!

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we have online satelites for this tournament ?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just found out (thank you Hendon Mob site) that Event 10, the $50K Turbo NLH was won by online crusher Laszio Bujtas for $665K.

Denis Homliavyi second and Stephen Chidwick third.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Event 11, the $25K PLO has played down to the final table.

Tom Dwan is the current big stack followed by Jeremy Ausmus, Patrik Antonius, Filip Lovric, Elton Tsang, Tom-Aksel Badell, Paul Phua and Jeff Gross.

Play resumes tomorrow evening.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Tom Dwan keeps his chip lead and wins Event 11, the $25K PLO for $290,000.

Jeremy Ausmus takes 2nd and Tom-Aksel Bedell third.

Currently playing down to a final table in the $100K buy-in short deck main event.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Update on Tom's performance?

Tom Dwan has busted out of the short deck main event but as detailed above, won the 25K PLO event a couple of days ago.

Regarding the Triton events and the apps which they provide online, each event which is currently running features a real time chip count of the remaining players as well as the entire field. Each player has a profile picture and if you click on the photo it reveals player information.

This links to the Tom Dwan current Triton profile. It showcases the total prize money, a timeline to each event where he cashed and also links to video clips of his play - a cool feature of their site.

https://tritonpoker.plus/player/554a...2-8a0577589df1

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The Short Deck Main Event, Event 11, turned very interesting with American and European players dominating rather than Asians as they played down to 13 left in the field last night (entries and re-entries totalled 60)

Mikita Badziakouski leads the field yet again, followed by Tony G, Phil Ivey, Stephen Chidwick and Richard Yong in fifth place. Other notables, Isaac Haxton, Jason Koon, Seth Davis and Michael Soyza.

As they haven't reached a final table yet, I am guessing they will start the play/stream earlier tomorrow.

Two more events left on the schedule, both short deck. The first being a short deck $150k ante only, followed by a short deck $30k ante only tourney to close the series.