D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Timothy Adams wins the $125,000 NLH Main Event for $ 4,185,000.

What a final table - Jean Noel Thorel second for $2, 830,000, Daniel Cates third for $ 1,940,000 with Isaac Haxton fourth and Stephen Chidwick in fifth.

Thorel had essentially run over much if the final table so he enjoyed a substantial chip lead over Adams when it got to heads up. But Adams prevailed and he becomes only the third player to win two Triton Main Events (the other win came in Korea).

In progress the $60,000 NLH 8 Handed with 53 left of the starting field of 106

Here is the final table stream...at 4 hours and 44 minutes it positively rips along!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nice 2-outter there for the win!
I remember watching this guy on Fulltilt, 15 yrs. ago. He's just killing it!

I can't claim to have followed Timothy Adams for that long (15 years ago was many years before I had even played a single hand of poker hahah!) but he has been one of my favorite players for many years.

For whatever reason the players I tend to like are those that play with a certain, almost reserved style. That's the reason I liked Jake Schindler (I know) and Steffan Sontheimer as well as Adams. They don't often appear as overtly aggressive yet seem to know precisely where they are in a hand and seldom put a foot wrong. Suddenly they are dominating!

Very happy Jean Noel Thorel came second, such a class act, and though you think these guys are habituated to the swings (Thorel's a very wealthy businessman) they were patently shell shocked at the final hand and you could tell emotional at the outcome.

Gotta love Triton!

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What a wild and entertaining final table, I encourage everyone to watch it !!

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
sad river suckout against the Frenchman . he would have had something like 70 bb to 6 bb lead had his dominating pair help up !

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As soon as I go to YouTube in the evening, they always broadcast the Triton Poker series. The 13th event is already underway. How long will the event last?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As soon as I go to YouTube in the evening, they always broadcast the Triton Poker series. The 13th event is already underway. How long will the event last?

Originally, the London series was scheduled to finish on August the tenth - the final few days always comprising of short deck events.

However - and this could be brilliant - Triton have added two extra days (11th and 12th) for a NLH Cash Game $1,000,000 Buy-In.

Depending on entrants, someone could walk away with a huge pile!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The NLH $60,000 8 Handed taken down by Danny Tang, for $1,600,000...and that makes it his fourth Triton title also (21 cashes and just under $10,000,000 in Triton earnings)

Bruno Volkmann came second with Matthias Eibinger coming third.

The first of the short deck tourneys has kicked off the $30,000 SD Ante-Only with a final table down to 7...then next up a $60,000 SD event then the final $25,000 SD event.

That is until the $1,000,000 buy-in Cash Game starts off on the 11th!

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Timothy Adams wins the $125,000 NLH Main Event for $ 4,185,000.

What a final table - Jean Noel Thorel second for $2, 830,000, Daniel Cates third for $ 1,940,000 with Isaac Haxton fourth and Stephen Chidwick in fifth.

Thorel had essentially run over much if the final table so he enjoyed a substantial chip lead over Adams when it got to heads up. But Adams prevailed and he becomes only the third player to win two Triton Main Events (the other win came in Korea).

In progress the $60,000 NLH 8 Handed with 53 left of the starting field of 106

Here is the final table stream...at 4 hours and 44 minutes it positively rips along!

I'm only here, but it's very interesting.

When you post the Triton 1M$ Cash Game, I'll be happy to check it out. 🧐

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The first of the short deck tourneys the S30,000 SD Ante-Only tourneys was won by Wai Kin Yong, Chris Brewer came second and Karl Chappe- Gatien in third.

A low entry number to this tourney signifies to me interest in short deck is really starting to diminish. A couple of years ago some were touting it as the next big things (it was even going to challenge NLH!) but I always thought that nonsense - too much variance.

The $60,000 short deck is already in play and also drew a relatively small field of 42 players with Danny Tang, Phil Ivey and Jason Koon the present chip leaders.

The stream below leads from the $30,000 in to the $60,000 short deck tourneys. The 'cover' shot featuring a nice shot of Karl Chappe-Gatien's, rose gold Patek Philippe Nautilus chronograph which dwarfs the cost of even the average Triton buy in haha!

Last edited:
D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So the final two short deck events (# 16 and #17) are now history and they serve to underline what an epic series this has been

Jason Koon won the $60,000 Short Deck Main Event, with Kiat Lee coming second and Lun Loon coming third.

The final tourney was the $25,000 Short Deck Ante-Only and it was won by Phil Ivey, with Danny Tang second and Stephen Chidwick third.

For those keeping count this is Jason Koon’s ninth Triton title and Phil Ivey’s fifth Triton title (his second of this series).

Normally, I’d do a short summary of the series but, of course we are now going to be treated to the two day $1,000,000 buy-in cash game!!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
First session of the $1,000,000 Buy-In Cash Game has ended. But color me confused.

I could not follow it all in real time but joined the session midstream. They had blocked all the super pros, and yet as in other tourneys Tony G and the likes of Elton Tsang were playing who are indistinguishable from pros...

The next confusing issue was the fact the session played out and then somehow slipped into another session...so what was live and what was recorded? Later in the stream it was stated 'they had played late into the night' so I got the impression a million dollar buy in game had been ongoing off stream and it was unclear what phase of the game they were showing as 'live'. At that point in the proceeding I was not going to watch every second to clarify matters (if it ever was clarified) and ran it on twice the speed to catch the bigger hands. Also no live chat shows up in the concluded stream which would be a give away that it recorded. Nonetheless, obviously interesting with such nosebleed stakes.

Phil Nagy, Rob Yong and Santosh Suvarna locked horns in a massive $1,800,000 pot which appeared to be the biggest single pot.

Then Ali Nejad had a somewhat weird sign off which was see you the next time (?)...so I suppose there could be some more coverage shown today?

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It was good to see Moneymaker get his second biggest score of all time. He seems like a cool, everyday kinda guy. Thanks for your reporting here DS3.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Originally, the London series was scheduled to finish on August the tenth - the final few days always comprising of short deck events.

However - and this could be brilliant - Triton have added two extra days (11th and 12th) for a NLH Cash Game $1,000,000 Buy-In.

Depending on entrants, someone could walk away with a huge pile!

Thanks for the information. I'm watching a cash game with Tony G.:coffee:

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So, a final post on the Triton Series London.

In summary, what a series! A record number of players in key events where the cream rose to the top repeatedly.

The winners included, Lucas Greenwood, Fedor Holtz, Espen Jorstad, Ole Schemion, Jason Koon (x2), David Yan, Timothy Adams, Danny Tang and Phil Ivey (x2).

A fantastic and absorbing level of play in each event.

Only a couple of ‘negatives’ if they can be called that. The first being (as always) the 3 short deck events at the end of the series with low entry fields just gives the impression the series peters out. First, they should be limited to 2 events and featured at the start of the series, perhaps events two and five for example. Then there might be more entries (though I have already posed I think short deck as a game has limited interest).

However the series should peak with two events. The penultimate should be the highest buy-in event (the buy-in can vary) with the final event being the Main Event. This series that was the $125,000 NLH Main Event...the series needs to exit with a bang not a whimper.

That said the only thing which really did bug was the promotion of the two day $1,00,000 buy in cash game as a climax to the event. Let’s face it, that seemed like an after thought. As soon as I started watching, I thought something was off in terms of ‘live stream’ and it appears I was correct. They cobbled together what looks like two sessions of poker )plating out in the background of the event?) and then sent it out ‘live’...yet I notice the stream is now tagged as ‘Pre-recorded $1M Buy-In Cash Game’.

Two points regarding this. No need for the deception. If they had shot a private two session event with super high rollers, then put it out as content after the event, I am sure a large number would have watched it (at present just under two hundred thousand have).

However if they really want to draw eyes excluding the high rolling pros is a mistake. Watching mostly wealthy Chinese players duke it out for millions is a draw, but it doesn’t compare to the likes of Phil Ivey, Jason Koon and Patrik Antonius etc. sat down with a million each on the table seeing how much financial pain they can inflict on each other!

That said, a great series and thanks to everyone who checked in in the thread, much appreciated!