Tom Dwan dropped out of the latest Headsup match with Phil Hellmuth

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
According to reports from PokerGo, the Phil Hellmuth vs. Tom Dwan High Stakes Heads-up match will not be happening. Tom seems to have felt there would be a rescheduling of the event but that doesn't seem to be the case, as of this moment. However, Phil will be facing a new opponent on May 17 which will be announced during Phil's weigh-in.

Who do you think Phil should face for this next Heads-up duel? There are some suggestions in the article linked below.

With Tom Dwan Out, Who Will Challenge Phil Hellmuth for $800K on ‘High Stakes Duel’?

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
The silhouette indeed has the shape of Bonomo, but considering the fact that bonomo is not much talkative this will not be good for showbizz. Cates can be a better possibility imo.
A few more days to the rumble in the jungle.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think Dan Cates (he could make this heads-up entertaining) or on the outside chance the powers that be are thinking outside the box, maybe Vanessa Kade, as suggested in the article?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is a little odd as Dwan was no doubt scheduled to attend the Triton High Roller series in Madrid which begins today...and if Dan Cates is playing the Triton series he won't be available either (though he might prefer the publicity of the Hellmuth match)

As for potential matchups I am not too bothered, it'll be interesting but for me all things Phil Hellmuth tend to wear thin these days.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd like to see Erik Seidel, what a class act! I'd also would love to see my fellow Aussie, crusher Michael Addamo. Ninja would be a lot of fun as well. Love the blue hair. Oh hell, I'm going to watch whoever it is. Love this stuff, ha ha.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'd like to see Erik Seidel, what a class act! I'd also would love to see my fellow Aussie, crusher Michael Addamo. Ninja would be a lot of fun as well. Love the blue hair. Oh hell, I'm going to watch whoever it is. Love this stuff, ha ha.

Hate to keep repeating myself but I anticipate Michael Addamo will be in Madrid also where I hope he will crush!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Michael Addamo and Erik Seidel are both in Madrid for the Triton series, as are many others so I have no idea who will play Hellmuth as scheduled.