Texas is opening it's first legal poker room in Dallas

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Over the years, poker clubs have popped up around the state of Texas. In Texas, the poker establishments have been referred to as poker clubs instead of card rooms due to how the laws have been presented. Texas Card House has been given the go-ahead to open the first legal poker room in Texas, thanks to the permission granted from the Dallas City Council.

Texas Card House to Open First Legal Poker Room in Dallas

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good news

Well i don't live there but i think anytime i hear of poker being accepted and growing, its a good feeling
I am just tired of getting pieces and handouts of poker throughout the land instead of a nationwide resumption of our right to play poker and make our own decisions.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, its the first legal cardroom in Dallas, but not in Texas... I've played in legal rooms in Austin and Houston. But good for Dallas, the more large cities that embrace poker the greater the chance we can get some nationwide acceptance.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well, its the first legal cardroom in Dallas, but not in Texas... I've played in legal rooms in Austin and Houston. But good for Dallas, the more large cities that embrace poker the greater the chance we can get some nationwide acceptance.

I'm thinking the author of the article was letting us know the Texas Poker rooms that have or do exist in the state of Texas are possibly not completely 'legal' given the 'murky laws'. So, maybe this is the first totally legal poker room in Texas? (that's my interpretation)

Over the past few years, poker clubs have popped up around the state of Texas in major cities such as Houston and San Antonio. They’re referred to as poker clubs instead of traditional card rooms due to some murky laws.

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting information for me. I was unfamiliar and I was curious