Phil Hellmuth Wins Nearly $300K on ‘Poker After Dark’

mike55k

mike55k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First poker book I ever bought back in 2004 when I got the poker bug was Hellmuth's Play Poker Like the Pros. Always been my favorite player ever since

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see Phil as an overgrown child, full of misplaced self promotion with emotions he can't control. He comes across arrogant and condescending and I have no respect for anyone who looks down upon others.

I totally love your wording! can I get a AMEN! I agree.:evil:

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The Brat has always been one of my favourite players, so yes, given the chance he'd get my backing for sure but as others have mention it'd be preferable in an MTT over a cash game.

Gonna check out those biographies now [emoji846][emoji1303]

RennMeister

RennMeister

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch Negreanu bluff Hellmuth out of a Full House.
Unbelievable, I would have never folded here.

P

PuntinHundies

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would back Helmuth in tournaments, but not in cash games... He is without a doubt one of the best tournament players in history. However, he seems to perform poorly in cash games. He cant control his emotions and his ego gets in the way.

.:2s4::3s4:

P

PuntinHundies

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never understood why someone like phil hellmuth of all people needs backers? Is he only doing it for a safety reason or is he really hard enough on cash to where he needs the backers? I feel like I would want 100% in everything I played so I would not feel any stress about owing someone else money if I could afford to play the buy in. I don't think I would get as much enjoyment out of the game if I knew someone else was going to get a piece of my winnings.

It is very common for pros and high stakes players to sell percentages of their action. Even if you are the best player in the world, you are still subject to the throws and swings of variance. As a pro with +EV in the games you are playing, it is always good to reduce variance, especially in tougher fields, such as the crowd that plays on this show.

:2s4: :3s4:

A

ATruRube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me, Phil Hellmuth is one of the greatest players of poker of all time. Maybe his cash game is not his best venue of poker but I would be thrilled to take that $60K cut from his last cash win?

jkgotsit

jkgotsit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After Dark

I've seen Duurrr take Phil for 140k in a hand! on after dark

jkgotsit

jkgotsit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After Dark

250k is a hell of alot in 1 night!

N

netocope

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I were a millionaire I would support, he is an excellent player

jkgotsit

jkgotsit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Poker Brat is a much more impressive tourney player & one of the best in the History of the game I think he has 10 bralettes in wsop

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phill is the best poker player in poker ! Amazing read and play every time ! So good !

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I congratulate Phil on such a win, but for him it is probably not money anymore.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Phil is a hard player! There is a lot to learn from him :)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Phil, he's funny, I would have supported him!

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil has his own strategy so he relies on it.

Xesh

Xesh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. Фил имеет свою собственную стратегию, чтобы он полагается на него
he's like me , a lot of emotions cloud the brain.

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see Phil as an overgrown child, full of misplaced self promotion with emotions he can't control. He comes across arrogant and condescending and I have no respect for anyone who looks down upon others.

Totally agree. He seems incapable of showing anyone respect. He also acts as if poker is like chess or go; 100% skill. He is obnoxious.

The only player I really care to back is myself. I'm playing a game. If I wanted to straight up gamble I would buy some scratchers at the gas station.

NeZlo4

NeZlo4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth Wins Nearly $300K on ‘Poker After Dark,’ YouStake Backers Get $60K

High markup or not, Hellmuth has come through again for his backers, this time they’ll share a $60,000 prize.

If you could, would you back Phil Hellmuth?

I'm certainly happy for Phil Hellmuth. I congratulate him on his victory. But I believe that his behavior at the tables offline is an example of how to behave is not necessary if you want to become a strong professional.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Phil's antics are not necessary but they are now a part of his brand and the entertainment that it brings.