Nominations are now open for the Women in Poker Hall of Fame 2022

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There are a number of women who may be considered for the 2022 Women in Poker Hall of Fame including, Kristen Bicknell, Annie Duke, Vanessa Selbst and others. Who would be your choice?

The criteria to be nominated is as follows:

According to the WiPHoF’s website, candidates must meet the following requirements:

• A candidate must have been active as a player or industry leader for a minimum of 10 years prior to nomination and 35 yrs of age or older
  • A player/industry leader must have contributed to the world of poker in some significant way, either by winning major poker tournaments, gaining prominence through their poker success, or by making significant contributions to the industry of poker
  • A player/industry leader candidate must be a proponent of women in poker (i.e., refrain from publicly criticizing women’s tournaments)
  • All nominees must be approved by the Organization Committee and current Hall Members

Nominations Open for Women in Poker Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!👋🤗
How nice it was to read about my beloved Barbara Enright and I won't get tired of saying how much I love her. She's amazing. :love:
It was also nice to see a great photo with Lupe Soto, who does so much for the development of women's poker.💞

In my opinion, all nominees are more or less worthy of membership in the Hall of Fame. I won't even be able to single out one person.:eek:(y)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I looked at the earnings list, Vanessa Selbst is leading the way (she won more than twice as much money as Kristen Bicknell), and she also has 3 wsop bracelets (Kristen Bicknell also has three).
Based on the prizes, Vanessa may have the best chance, but in such polls, emotional decisions are usually made.
I'll be curious who will be the chosen one. :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like a great group, but I think I would go with Selbst.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not to get to practical but, how is choosing for the HOF someone who chose to move on from poker at a relatively young age?

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Vanessa Selbst will win.
Considered one of the most successful poker players in the world, the American has accumulated US $ 11 million in prizes throughout her career and was the only woman to occupy the first position in the Global Index

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
All of the nominees deserve an induction but Vanessa Selbst has to be the No.1 choice, even if she stepped away from Poker now. She was a force when she played and one of the best players in the world.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Please tell me Barbara Enright is either already inducted or is shortlisted..! 😄

Barbara would get my vote hands down.

After that probably our Debi! ❤️

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not to get to practical but, how is choosing for the HOF someone who chose to move on from poker at a relatively young age?

Sorry, didn't realize I failed to complete my question. I understand the desire to recognize folks for their achievements, but if the goal is to promote & encourage participation by more women in poker, how does choosing a women who no longer has any connection, or any interest in promoting the involvement of women in the game helpful? I remain utterly baffled.

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Choose them all!! Since I know that will not happen, then I will say that my vote will go to Vanessa Selbst!! The others will have another chance.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I would probably choose Vanessa Selbst because she's brilliant in so many ways, just listening to her discuss hands she's watching is educational, doesn't matter if she currently plays she's one of the best!