NBC Heads Up returns to Caesars Jan 24-26

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone hear any updates or field additions? They've seemed awfully quiet about the event, not much drum-beating. It's a busy time, with PCA then LA Classic plus Aussie Millions, but for TV exposure and Caesars perks I'm sure they'll have no trouble filling the field -- if it's not cancelled at the last minute due to "technical difficulties" (government interference?). I hope Doyle plays; my early blind pick to win would be Vanessa ... seriously!

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to be a killjoy, but the structure is so bad on these that you really shouldnt expect to see much that will help you playing standard tournament poker.

I think like 2-3 levels in it is 15-20BB and basically becomes push/fold.

Picking winners is pretty LOL; I would go with someone like Olivier who knows push fold like the back of his hand.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to be a killjoy, but the structure is so bad on these that you really shouldnt expect to see much that will help you playing standard tournament poker.

I think like 2-3 levels in it is 15-20BB and basically becomes push/fold.

Picking winners is pretty LOL; I would go with someone like Olivier who knows push fold like the back of his hand.

Yea, I'm not sure that people are really trying to focus on getting info about the playing aspect. It's HU. Pretty far off from standard tournament poker.

Most are excited, myself included, about the players themselves having great HU battles.

The banter that goes between some players is the best entertainment imo.

S

sylpoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kid Poker vs Annie Duke would be interesting.
Howard Lederer vs anyone
The Mouth vs Ivey (remember what Mouth said about Ivey after Black Friday?)

:cool:
I dont recall what Ivey said about the Mouth, But i would enjoy seeing those two play .Or I would enjoy seeing the mouth play against anyone in it really, if hes stil lplaying a lot of poker, wasnt sure about that.

GOTHEART

GOTHEART

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to ask.....What did the Mouth say about Ivey after Black Friday?

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's have a "pick the bracket" contest once the pairings are drawn Wednesday night. OK, how about pick the top two from each section (card suit)? Where's our tournament director... I need props!

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is fun contest between the top players

OpenTheCan

OpenTheCan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like watching the heads up competition, but I do think it would be better if they air it live.

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like watching the heads up competition, but I do think it would be better if they air it live.

unfortunately i think that as long as it is on NBC, it will never be live

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's have a "pick the bracket" contest once the pairings are drawn Wednesday night. OK, how about pick the top two from each section (card suit)? Where's our tournament director... I need props!

This would be awesome. Totally down for a football pool type thing.

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Next time I'm doing this as draft or auction format. Grrr. So slow in Vegas. Link here whenever bracket's printed my some media. And how does Esfandiari vs. Tilly sound for the first round? That's one pairing set...

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ooo! Ooo! And Durr vs. Erik Seidel. Now there's a match that'll be hard to top!

But it got topped. Bracket link in the morning; Bluff seems to be doing the best job covering the festivities. And looks like first matches will go about 4p ET ... I think. We'll discuss it at breakfast; I want ham and eggs!

Last edited: