Mike Postle will be fighting his defamation lawsuit without counsel

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In 2020, the results for the 2019 accusation lawsuit against Mike Postle worked in his favour where a judge dismissed the case against him. At that point, Postle hit back with a defamation claim. But, now, he is fighting this battle on his own.

Mike Postle Loses Lawyer and Faces More Legal Action

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In 2020, the results for the 2019 accusation lawsuit against Mike Postle worked in his favour where a judge dismissed the case against him. At that point, Postle hit back with a defamation claim. But, now, he is fighting this battle on his own.

Mike Postle Loses Lawyer and Faces More Legal Action

So far the only winners out of all this litigation are the attorneys!!

As usual.

Suing and being sued is very sticky - expensive - and potentially emotionally draining.

I don't quite understand the SLAAP lawsuit.

But I am sure it will be expensive also!

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To rephrase an old expression, "a person who represents themselves in a court of law has a fool for a client".

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So far the only winners out of all this litigation are the attorneys!!

As usual.

Suing and being sued is very sticky - expensive - and potentially emotionally draining.

I don't quite understand the SLAAP lawsuit.

But I am sure it will be expensive also!

Reread using "intimidate":
Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation (SLAPPs) are attempts to intimate (sic) or silence critics through “expensive, baseless” legal proceedings. Anti-SLAPP motions are designed to push back and protect people exercising their First Amendment rights.

I think it's just a way for ordinary people to stop themselves being sued repeatedly just to be broken by legal fees. Not sure how it really applies here, other than to express that the suit brought by Postle is meritless. It's probably meant to stop Big Business Inc from bringing frivolous lawsuits against Joe Blow.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of this is just a bunch of nonsense. Its obvious to anyone with a bit of poker knowledge, that Mike cheated, and he should just be happy, the case against him was dismissed by court, and move on with his life. Time to start a new career outside poker, or maybe he can still play online, where people dont know his true identity. And as for the players he cheated, time for them to move on as well. Accept their loss and the fact, that getting cheated is always a risk, when you engage in, what is after all gambling for money. Which by the way is also why, the case against Mike was dismissed.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, you say he'll be fighting the case on his own...

The reality is in court he'll have a device sequestered in his crotch feeding him real-time legal information to help him win..

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“Time for Postle to find some money for a new lawyer, but he’ll probably just stay hiding in his house and do nothing”.
This is probably the most significant phrase that I read in the article.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This guy should just go away. He ruined his reputation himself. Nothing left to defame.