Matt Damon - Rounders 2

A

AsusTeam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some hope to leave the movie ....? Rounders 2 .... great movie ....

S

sponsor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand that hope springs eternal, but realistically this film is unlikely to happen. Consider that Rounders made a modest profit of $29mm. Cheap to make horror films like The Last Exorcism, Darkness Falls and Ouija all had smaller production budgets and made a lot more money. $29mm would likely not cover the stars current salaries . . . even if they took points on the back end.

Yes, every once in a while someone like Matt Damon says that they would consider doing Rounders 2; but, every week Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson announces interest in a project that never materializes.

Just on fiances alone, this film is highly unlikely to go into development, much less production. To quote the film The Godfather, "It's not personal, it's business."

Cheers!
The budget of the first film was $12m. So a $29M profit isnt a bad return on investment. Damon commands higher fees now but he still wouldn't get Bourne dollars for this.

Theres no action, special effects so the budget comes down to actors salaries.

And its always going to be a low budget movie.

Bottom Line - If Damon wants the movie made for the sheer love of poker, he will adjust his fee and the movie will be made

With the fact that he and Affleck love Poker its likely to get made

hzrd123

hzrd123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
matt damon :pray:
waiting for part 2

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rounders 2 will never be as good as Rounders 1, any attempt will only tarnish the legacy of the original. Unless they include the Ultimate Bet scandal.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rounders 2 will never be as good as Rounders 1, any attempt will only tarnish the legacy of the original. Unless they include the Ultimate Bet scandal.

Agree with you,but still you don't know a story of secound film,maybe it will be good as first part,but i don't know what to expect.

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All jokes aside, the first movie was good. If Norton, Damon and BENiffer (ok one little joke) are involved, it shouldn't be a bad sequel. Looking forward to it.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't wait! Loved the first one. At least Ben is a poker fan and he was fun in Argo.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the villain quality have to be equal/more badass than John Malkovich & his oreos on rounders II

J

Jacobalyrus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ben is actually a good actor when it comes to emotionless parts like real poker pros at the tables (Gone Girl/Batman) or working class thugs like Worm in the first movie (The Town/Good Will Hunting)...

Could be pretty good in this movie if it gets made...

A

AsusTeam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any prediction for premiere of the film?

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
can't wait to watch this movie!!

Rounders was the only good poker movie

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be a huge fan if this is made.. I hope Damon makes this happen, with whatever he needs to do. I loved the first rounders movie, and this second one can only be better than the first... Lets shuffle up and make a movie...

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they should not write this movie ... is already established , add something in history can tarnish the image of him in the film (which will inevitably happen) . It would be better to make a film in the same way with another name and other actors ... after all , can you tell a plethora of original stories on this topic

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Every time that someone posts at this thread I go expecting for the new film confirmation and I leave frustrated

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love that movie for that fact it promotes bad play.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rounders 2

With De Niro asa the villain this is sure to be a good flick but it's going to be hard to beat Rounders...sequels usually suck.

cally

cally

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rounders was an amazing movie. Hope they do a sequel. First one was the best poker movie of all time. Agree/Disagree?

M

Matsyendra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rounders was an amazing movie. Hope they do a sequel. First one was the best poker movie of all time. Agree/Disagree?

Without doubt. Maverick a distant second. Most other poker movies are terrible.

champyun

champyun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would pay to go see it. The first one was very well done and the most realistic poker movie made. I do hope that 'Worm' (Ed Norton) will make another appearance.

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there would be a good movie about poker with Jason Stethem))))

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first movie was pretty good so lets hope they get this one right aswell.