Are Lederer and Ferguson going to jail?

F

Foxhound3857

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't heard any recent news on the lawsuit against FullTilt and its shareholders. I was also wondering if some of its other members might possibly be going to jail, like Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan, John Juanda, Mike Matusow, etc?

H

HoldOnTheRail

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These players was just about to represent. They have nothing to do about this dirty bussiness.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These players was just about to represent. They have nothing to do about this dirty bussiness.

Not so. Lederer and Ferguson are/were intimately involved with FT. Even the others you mention, many of them owe/owed the site money. Dwan and Ivey I know for sure have said they will pay the money back. The others I'm not as familiar with their situation/involvement.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not so. Lederer and Ferguson are/were intimately involved with FT. Even the others you mention, many of them owe/owed the site money. Dwan and Ivey I know for sure have said they will pay the money back. The others I'm not as familiar with their situation/involvement.

They want to keep my money. Let's hope they all get jail time.

F

Foxhound3857

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Gus Hansen deserves jail time, if anyone. He constantly used to play cash games on FT, so I know his share was pretty good.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How does that make sense? WVHillbilly used to play cash games on FT. What's your point?

G

genleemb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Matasow has been on the record multiple times (think its in his book too) that he was offered shares but due to money problem and a pending jail sentence at the time that he did not buy stock. Basically he was on Team FT but not an owner/decision maker.

If anyone is interested early post black friday QuadJacks had some interviews of some high profile players ... lots of the Matasow stuff was gold and worth a listen.

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if Ferguson goes to prison, you know he haves a off shore account with a less 100 million. For everyone who doesn't know, Ferguson was probably the master mind behind the whole thing since he was the majority owner of Fulltilt, but made it look like Lederer was the top dog.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How does that make sense? WVHillbilly used to play cash games on FT. What's your point?

You don't think the Hillbilly, not to mention society in general, would benefit from his doing a little time? :confused:

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Even if Ferguson goes to prison, you know he haves a off shore account with a less 100 million. For everyone who doesn't know, Ferguson was probably the master mind behind the whole thing since he was the majority owner of Fulltilt, but made it look like Lederer was the top dog.

And he will leave prison with cartons of cigarettes that he won from the other inmates.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's proving who had what and did what. I think they would struggle to get any of the men involved in ponzi scheme imprionsed unless they had enough evidence, which wouldn't surprise me if has been "lost" by now or x-amount of people being paid of to lose it all and so on.

lol @ the comment about gus hansen deserving jail time for playing cash games regularly there.

By the way, I don't think anyone would really benefit in any way if they went to prison, you would most likely only lose out completely if anything as there is less chance of getting any sort of monies back if they are jailed.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't think the Hillbilly, not to mention society in general, would benefit from his doing a little time? :confused:

oohhhhhh....NICE:D .

It's proving who had what and did what. I think they would struggle to get any of the men involved in ponzi scheme imprionsed unless they had enough evidence, which wouldn't surprise me if has been "lost" by now or x-amount of people being paid of to lose it all and so on.

lol @ the comment about gus hansen deserving jail time for playing cash games regularly there.

By the way, I don't think anyone would really benefit in any way if they went to prison, you would most likely only lose out completely if anything as there is less chance of getting any sort of monies back if they are jailed.

Don't think anyone is going to benefit anyway. Those that are still holding-on to the "maybe I'll eventually get my money back" line of thought are (imo) sadly mistaken. Jail wouldn't be a "benefit" to anyone who is owed money, but would at least be some sort of justice/ retribution for those whom these guys ripped-off.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
. Those that are still holding-on to the "maybe I'll eventually get my money back" line of thought are (imo) sadly mistaken.
Really? Why? Do you have some insider news?
I'm still lookin' forward to playin' on FTP sometime soon.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? Why? Do you have some insider news?
I'm still lookin' forward to playin' on FTP sometime soon.

Nope, no insider news. Just don't see it happening that's why I stated it was an opinion, not fact. As for playing on FT sometime soon? Define soon.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Gus Hansen deserves jail time, if anyone. He constantly used to play cash games on FT, so I know his share was pretty good.

haha this has got to be the best (misinformed) post i've read on CC.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kinda a meh thread. Both both and several others deserve jail. Mainly for fraud if nothing else.

Kinda easy to be a big name pro if you get sponsered into every big event, and get to keep your cashes.

Ive got zero respect for most of them, tbh ever since black friday, every time ive played with a sponsered pro, i just play them straight up without any sort of respect.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"soon", before this month is out (imo)

Really? Now is it you that has some insider information that you'd like to share? Actually probably doesn't affect me anyway, since I presume you're talking about play resuming for ROW players and not US ones. Out of curiousity, how are they going to make players balances good? It was my understanding that that money was long gone and that, so far, any potential investors were balking at having to make the old owners/operators debts good.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have insider information.

I know whats inside my fridge. I know whats inside my closet.

I am not sure what is inside my mind,

maybe less that I suspected.

My contribution to this thread.....

K

kyndlyon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, no insider news. Just don't see it happening that's why I stated it was an opinion, not fact. As for playing on FT sometime soon? Define soon.
i can define it....NEVER EVER EVER!

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chances of US players getting to play again on FTP in the next month? Slim. Chances of them getting paid? Far more likely.