Are Lederer and Ferguson going to jail?

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chances of them getting paid? Far more likely.

You think? I hope you're right. I was always a PS player, so I don't have any funds on there anyways, but for those that do, I hope you and PO are correct.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Really? Now is it you that has some insider information that you'd like to share? Actually probably doesn't affect me anyway, since I presume you're talking about play resuming for ROW players and not US ones. Out of curiousity, how are they going to make players balances good? It was my understanding that that money was long gone and that, so far, any potential investors were balking at having to make the old owners/operators debts good.
There's been a bunch of reports recently that I've been following including 3rd party financing that leads me to believe that ROW will be playing on there sometime soon.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's been a bunch of reports recently that I've been following including 3rd party financing that leads me to believe that ROW will be playing on there sometime soon.

With restored player balances? Like I said, I'm US, non-FT anyway, but I hope for everyone else's sake that you're right.

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from what i been reading at pokernews that there was agreement made between the peoeple who will buy Full tilt , and the DOJ. The end result that the people who will buy Tilt will pay back all the player outside the u.s. and the DOJ will repay the U.S players when the deal is done.. they said that either this week or next it should be some news on that. Plus the company that run the software poker kings or what ever they call themself started to hire new people within there company so it could be a sign of good things to come

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah GBT can't take over and run FTP without paying players back.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A

arandom53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oohhhhhh....NICE:D .

Don't think anyone is going to benefit anyway. Those that are still holding-on to the "maybe I'll eventually get my money back" line of thought are (imo) sadly mistaken. Jail wouldn't be a "benefit" to anyone who is owed money, but would at least be some sort of justice/ retribution for those whom these guys ripped-off.

Fail to see how that is justice.If these people owe money how is us spending money to keep them alive in jail going to help.Dont know what it is everywhere else but where i am from it costs about $750/day/inmate so low ball a 5 year sentence and now everyone has to pay just cause your pissed cause you gave your money to an unregulated company.Dont get me wrong I had money there too but we took a risk by trusting FT and we were wrong.(this is why i am for changing the laws in the US so we can regulate them)

G

given68

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for going to jail i doubt it. As for playing on full tilt again - i hope so really enjoyed all the CC games and other games on there winning the tee shirts in the private games.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fail to see how that is justice.If these people owe money how is us spending money to keep them alive in jail going to help.Dont know what it is everywhere else but where i am from it costs about $750/day/inmate so low ball a 5 year sentence and now everyone has to pay just cause your pissed cause you gave your money to an unregulated company.Dont get me wrong I had money there too but we took a risk by trusting FT and we were wrong.(this is why i am for changing the laws in the US so we can regulate them)

First-off, if you'd actually read the thread, you'd see that SEVERAL TIMES I mention that I personally never played at FT so they don't owe me any money, ergo that is not why I'm "pissed-off".

Secondly, despite your apparently being part of the extreme fringe or "looney left" there is a punishment aspect to "justice" whether you care to believe that or not. The people intimately involved with FT were/are criminals, therefore they deserve jail-time.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I personally never played at FT
Really? Why not?
I probably spent the large majority of my playing time on FTP. I thought it was way better than any of the other sites.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? Why not?
I probably spent the large majority of my playing time on FTP. I thought it was way better than any of the other sites.

Not really sure tbh. Just happened to start with PS and was totally happy there. I was only playing cash games at the time, so there was always plenty of games to choose from and no real need to look elsewhere.

I did consider depositing a few times, but just about every time I felt the urge to try it there would be, like clockwork, a thread on here about someone having payout or support issues with FT. This was well before BF, like years before, so that wasn't the issue either. So, seeing FT's apparent issues where PS generally had none, I really just felt content at PS.

Now that I'm more experienced and have played online for a lot longer, if FT ever did come back to the US as a reputable company I'd most like play there and several other sites as well if afforded the opportunity. Before I just never felt the need to "branch-out" from PS, now I have next to no options anyway, even if I wanted to, **sigh**....maybe some day.....

Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think they are going to prison. I also dont think we will ever see them at the wsop.

S

shingus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i hope those guys get what they deserve..

IWinUlose

IWinUlose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lederer and Ferguson

They should both be in jail right at this moment as I speak with the amount of money they both stole from FT. And on top of that these were 2 well respected players or so I thought in the circuit. They are nothing more then disgusting crooks to me. :mad:

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would love to see howard and chris suffer

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ONE TIME!! OOOONE TIIIIIME!!!!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And Gus Hansen. And maybe Patrik Antonius.

I would have to google to see why, but I have not heard them being the bad guys.

Sources, or on what do you base this?

I know they were FT players, but that alone should not condemn them. I mean, I was a FT player.

Still, you may have access to info I dont know......

S

sagiPOTM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with HoldOnTheRail, players are just representers of poker rooms, they dont have anything with their dirty job...
Its like for example some car comapny stoled some money and the worker in factory going to jail...no logic ;O