rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're really sure Faraz can afford himself a house ? :rolleyes:

Yeah, but he'd rather couch-surf. :)

So Carlos had some choice words for Sheldon Adelson at the end of the Twitch stream today, lol. :thefinger He did a picture tour of the Nitmobile, and basically told his life story, family stuff etc, and made it entertaining. Smart poker player...

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And that is just the way you view it - the rest of the world views homeless as meaning not having a home.

You can not travel in tiny house so it would have been dumb for him to do that.

You guys are picking at silly stuff and totally missing the point of this.
This is the tiny house that you can travel with.
johnnys-luxurious-tiny-house-cabin-on-a-trailer-06.jpg

johnnys-luxurious-tiny-house-cabin-on-a-trailer-14.jpg

It comes in at 9,000 Lbs.
The guy that built it was asking $29,500 for it and sold it.

It's about not letting the money run his life as to him running it.

melinreno

melinreno

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you so much for sharing this !!!!
how about gypsy or wandering players ;) ;)
freeeeeedooooooommmmmmm

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the tiny house that you can travel with.

It comes in at 9,000 Lbs.
The guy that built it was asking $29,500 for it and sold it.

It's about not letting the money run his life as to him running it.

Huh? The money is fueling his dream. A tiny house plus a suitable tow vehicle would burn through the bankroll he built for hitting the poker circuit.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
kid - if you don't enjoy the story then don't read it - let the rest of us enjoy his journey.

C

clarence crumpet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folks need to lighten up, I enjoyed the story, good on him.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Huh? The money is fueling his dream. A tiny house plus a suitable tow vehicle would burn through the bankroll he built for hitting the poker circuit.
He even could of went with a small RV.
How much does he pay a month for gas to run the AC to stay cool.

kid - if you don't enjoy the story then don't read it - let the rest of us enjoy his journey.
I did enjoy the story but there are some down falls to living like that. I know a guy that was in his late 20s who passed away from a massive heart attack from eating fast food all of the time.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I did enjoy the story but there are some down falls to living like that. I know a guy that was in his late 20s who passed away from a massive heart attack from eating fast food all of the time.

Yes you are right - it is not something just anyone can do. :)

I think Carlos can pull this off for awhile which is one of the things that makes this an interesting story to follow.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I'd prefer a small RV myself, but his purpose was to live small and be a bankroll and liferoll nit.

I think when he's desperate for AC, he heads for the nitcave. He has a chair that folds out into a bed so he can sleep in there too.

It would be interesting if he did a blog post about the practicalities of living in the van. This guy has been living and working on the road for a few years now. Pretty cool that he had the van painted with a truck-liner coating, and installed solar panels on the top. Seems like he's in it for the long haul:

http://www.tosimplify.net/p/rig.html

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has changed his life to good.
This is his strive.

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool story, I mean he really is smart to think about staying in a van rather than renting an apartment in order to save money and play poker. Well I hope I'll be lucky like him.

W

wabbitfry18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this story.... ALOT!!!

I was sleeping on the ground and on the beach for a while, so I kind of identify with this story, and like it, ALOT!!!!

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where he get internet fast enough to stream?

JaxA

JaxA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dang, I'm homeless (not by choice like C) and a poker player. I should have started a Twitch channel. :D

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Let's not celebrate Playing poker in a van by choice. Cmon guys. You guys keep using the word homeless. This guy is a gambling addict who lives in a van. He chose to live in a van. It's his home. I wish him luck but it saddens me that this is being viewed as a good choice. Do you think his mental and spiritual needs are being fulfilled in his van alone staring at his computer? Sounds like a recipe for misery. I'm different I suppose. The world may actually be a better place
If more people just withdrew to their vans to live.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's not celebrate Playing poker in a van by choice. Cmon guys. You guys keep using the word homeless. This guy is a gambling addict who lives in a van. He chose to live in a van. It's his home. I wish him luck but it saddens me that this is being viewed as a good choice. Do you think his mental and spiritual needs are being fulfilled in his van alone staring at his computer? Sounds like a recipe for misery. I'm different I suppose. The world may actually be a better place

You make a lot of assumptions considering you don't know him. ;)

melinreno

melinreno

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

you know nothing Jon Snow ......

have you even watched him .... he is more together than most and a very good player

etc etc etc ....

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I seen him on the news he lives in his car and playing in his back seat its crazy

C

CarlosWelch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, how am I just seeing this?

Thanks for all the kind and understanding comments everyone, especially those of you who have actually communicated with me and tried to help clear up some confusion.

For those who are confused, I use the word homeless not only because it's the most obvious attention grabber, but because it fits with the official NHCHC definition of "A homeless person is an individual without permanent housing who may live on the streets; stay in a shelter, mission, single room occupancy facilities, abandoned building or vehicle."

Once you actually listen to my story, you will know that I do not use this word to mean that I eat out of trash cans or live under bridges. Fortunately like most of us, I've never had to do these types of things. I'm not poor, but since I choose to live in a vehicle and have no permanent housing, I am technically homeless...not poor...simply homeless.

You can think of me as homefree or housefree if you like. Whatever makes you happy...like I am. That should be the purpose of life and internet forums right?

You know one thing that makes me happy? Having money to help the two young ladies at the end of this PPA video as opposed to giving it all to BOA like I used to. Hopefully everyone can understand that with no confusion. If not, well I'm content with that too...as long as these two ladies understand.

- The Most Thriftiest Man on Twitch. "Stay happy my friends."

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know one thing that makes me happy? Having money to help the two young ladies at the end of this PPA video as opposed to giving it all to BOA like I used to. Hopefully everyone can understand that with no confusion. If not, well I'm content with that too...as long as these two ladies understand.

^ Stand up guy right here. We can only define happiness for ourselves. Good on you, Carlos, for doing life and bankroll management your way. Hope you bink a big one on the circuit.

Organize a Home Poker Game