GGPoker blocks Sharkscope

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

GGPoker Blocks Sharkscope from Collecting Player’s Results

As the title indicates, GGPoker has elected to block the poker-tracking site, sharkscope, from recording tournament results. The news was announced by Sharkscope through social media with a statement of their own briefly explaining what they have experienced. Some speculation as to why GGPoker has chosen to block Sharkscope includes, leveling the playing field even more by preventing its players from using the information on Sharkscope or the blanket ban on third-party software.

Screenshot-2023-09-05-at-4.57.30-PM-800x634.png

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's an interesting reaction by GG to do this. Hopefully they will put out more information on this shortly.

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Probably due to GG having there own sort of sharkscope.

Called Pokercraft where you can check players winnings and stats on there site only.

Maybe they are going to make more improvements to that.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At first sight, this seems an odd decision. We need to wait to have more information, but this does not make too much sense to just say that it is for security issues. I don't know. Need to wait to see what will develop.

D

domwagadom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EG
Chips
t's an interesting reaction by GG

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well...pokercraft really does a good job with the records and information of our games in this regard...
... but I still think that this information should be available to everyone (because there's nothing to hide, right?!).
Even if someone can look up information about player A or B, I don't think it interferes with gameplay at all.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some players have been responding on Twitter about it
ScreenHunter 15527

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its always frustrating when sites get rid of ways to detect cheaters.

I call it the Ignitionization of poker.

First you get rid of sharkscope, then huds, then player names, then remove chat.
I'd love to see HUDs go the way of the dodo. Cheating the game isn't cool whether it's allowed by sites or not. I agree with every other word you said though. As soon as Iggy went anonymous I knew the already rampant cheating and collusion were going to explode exponentially.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's interesting, I'm looking forward to see where it goes and what the GGPoker's purpose is.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think this is bad news. Thanks to Sharkscope we could carry out an assessment, and also we can check if a player is winning or losing to make a better decision against him.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think ggpoker already shows all the tournament winnings graphs, so you don't need to pay for a graphing site!

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips

GGPoker Blocks Sharkscope from Collecting Player’s Results

As the title indicates, GGPoker has elected to block the poker-tracking site, Sharkscope, from recording tournament results. The news was announced by Sharkscope through social media with a statement of their own briefly explaining what they have experienced. Some speculation as to why GGPoker has chosen to block Sharkscope includes, leveling the playing field even more by preventing its players from using the information on Sharkscope or the blanket ban on third-party software.

Screenshot-2023-09-05-at-4.57.30-PM-800x634.png
This is a topic that always raises a lot of concerns when it comes up. In particular, I agree that results should not be published specifically on prizes won by a player. Now this becomes contradictory because if we don't have a statistics site, how do we perceive a player's profile?
Although I think it is possible to keep statistics without having to make public the awards obtained.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is a topic that always raises a lot of concerns when it comes up. In particular, I agree that results should not be published specifically on prizes won by a player. Now this becomes contradictory because if we don't have a statistics site, how do we perceive a player's profile?
Although I think it is possible to keep statistics without having to make public the awards obtained.
But they are showing prizes won... and that's the only thing they're showing (& whether or not this is accurate, we don't even know now).

I believe they are hoping to help the HUGE WHALES to stay in denial about how much they are donating to the various player pools & to let them think they won't be taken advantage of by the sharks who will know they are huge whales by checking on their stats. (but they'll already basically know by watching their play). It doesn't protect predatory behaviour. This is just b.s. (tell me who scans the MTT Lobby prior to registering (Or LATE registering) based upon how many HUGE whales they may have previously marked due to bad Sharkscope results? I'm guessing that NOBODY does.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Also, why don't they choose to go about it as pokerstars has done for a number of years now. Hide the games if the player chooses to be hidden. ez peezy

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Also, why don't they choose to go about it as Pokerstars has done for a number of years now. Hide the games if the player chooses to be hidden. ez peezy
all websites should do this. It is up to the player whether or not to show results and statistics.

R

rjaenddl

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Terrible precedent imo. Now all the min cash bots are going to be roaming free without a community to police it