The first time I have felt sorry for Hellmuth

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is a good player but he is very bad character and always makes stories when he loses. I understand why people have made fun of him because by force of crying wolf people do not get tired.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's the best! He even makes money out of his BAd Luck. just count how many times his name has been written in THIS post only!!!
Search engines love it!

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was a jerk before but i think he mellowed a little lately. But thats karma, being mocked by other players for a play he would have mocked if made by others.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I feel bad for Phil. Yes, he's disrespectful but fun and entertaining person.

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Hellmuth, but poker is poker and AA loses more then I like to see can't feel bad about bad beating someone. If you feel bad after that then gambling isn't for you.. Hellmuth knows poker unlike any other player in the world and he knows where he made his mistake!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
His rage is part of his brand. Hellmuth without blowups and tantrums wouldn't be Hellmuth, for better or for worse.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it when people needle phil. It is hilarious. He is a great player, but it's funny when someone out plays him. He loses it!

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find Phil extremely entertaining,and I do feel sorry for him. My question is, would you have folded your AA? I don't think so!

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't feel sorry for him, but that is because he is an overall s**ty person.

Someone like PH should have known better than to make this move. This move is something I would have done after first starting to play without enough experience. But I think it is a good example of how easy it is to play short sighted, even for a seasoned pro and one of the winningest players in the game. It does seem odd that even afterwards he didn't seem to realize just how bad the move to re raise all in really was. He had so many blinds to his stack that flat calling seems like a no brainer that even most beginners would know to make. Or, why not a standard re raise, instead of shoving? Usually, if you three bet post flop, and they come over the top all in, it means they have a set or better, and considering the venue and that it was not in an online low stakes ACR game but in a big name live event, you won't be running into many people who bet like that with top pair top kicker, or a flush draw. So I am not really sure what was going through his mind at that time. Even the best pros make some pretty big mistakes from time to time, but they are pros and have millions in earnings because in the long run they are consistently better than most, and are consistently avoiding these kind of mistakes in favor of quality decision making. Until PH starts doing this more often, maybe he can be cut some slack for this mistake. I will not ever cut him slack for his bad behavior and disrespect, however, and I still think he is an overall, generally s**ty person and one determined to always display poor character.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't feel sorry for him. Not because I dislike him because I don't. i'd love to sit at a table with him and just destroy him emotionally. It was a Terrible play, I mean everybody has already made that clear but it was just hilarity that he posted it like he made the best move and got sucked out. No Stupid you superjammed without very much intel. hell if you watch him on Poker Night in America or any other Poker show he literally tries to trap everyone by playing soft as hell, Everybody knows his technique and it hasn't changed since.....ever. He gets crushed everywhere he goes in todays world.

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't feel sorry for him. Not because I dislike him because I don't. i'd love to sit at a table with him and just destroy him emotionally. It was a Terrible play, I mean everybody has already made that clear but it was just hilarity that he posted it like he made the best move and got sucked out. No Stupid you superjammed without very much intel. hell if you watch him on Poker Night in America or any other Poker show he literally tries to trap everyone by playing soft as hell, Everybody knows his technique and it hasn't changed since.....ever. He gets crushed everywhere he goes in todays world.

He had 3 wsop cashes in 18 so your opinions not really factual.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He had 3 wsop cashes in 18 so your opinions not really factual.

Actually its pretty factual. That's why I mentioned ya know....The stuff I've watched with him in Cash Games. When He's literally at a table full of the usual funky bunch of Pros he gets absolutely demolished. Tourneys are a different breed then cash. My Fault for not specifically making that clear.....Also......it is an opinion and I will still stick to it

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe im putting too much stock in his 15th bracelet.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suppose I am in the minority but I have enjoyed his antics over the years.
In this situation he really did play it weak. I suspects even he will realize this eventually.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
don’t think it’s even possible for me to feel sorry for Phil 🤣🤪

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA pre looks so pretty. After the flop it is still only top pair.