Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Showing he's still at the top of his game after four decades in poker, Erik Seidel adds another win in his column, taking down the U.S. Poker Open.

The $5100 buy-in tournament with 116 participants concluded with a decisive victory for Erik Seidel. On the second day, he emerged as the chip leader over his five opponents. At 64 years old, Seidel confidently kicked off the 2024 US poker Open as the new champion, marking his second victory, and he has no plans to slow down the fun spins.

Read more about Erik's win here: Erik Seidel Strikes Again

Last edited by a moderator:
R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The $5100 buy-in tournament with 116 participants concluded with a decisive victory for Erik Seidel. On the second day, he emerged as the chip leader over his five opponents. At 64 years old, Seidel confidently kicked off the 2024 US Poker Open as the new champion, marking his second victory, and he has no plans to slow down the fun spins.
64 is generally not so much. I know quite a few people who are over 60 but they look and function better than more than half of my 40 year old acquaintances :)

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Теммі. Thank you for editing my message. As I mentioned before, I did it hastily and was aware that the title did not meet the requirements, but I decided to leave it, hoping that it would attract attention and bring joy to the old school. 🌹😉😉😉

IPlayToWin

IPlayToWin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
Congratulations for him at 64 year old he is still at the biggest poker tables.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think he gets enough credit for what he has accomplished.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
One of my favourite players. So cool nothing flusters him.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Seidel is still a great player !
Personally I don't like his playstyle though...I know he obviously gets results but there are plenty of Pros I enjoy watching way more

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Seidel is still a great player !
Personally I don't like his playstyle though...I know he obviously gets results but there are plenty of Pros I enjoy watching way more

I'm guessing you're more of a fan of William Kassouf, Tony G, & Martin Kabrhel

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I'm guessing you're more of a fan of William Kassouf, Tony G, & Martin Kabrhel
Actually...don't like the whole bunch at all.

I prefer the likes of Schemion , Negreanu, Tom Dwan and Ivey.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Already 12 years old that seiborg video wow. Somewhere around that time he had a truly insane live mtt run if i remember correctly.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always cheer for the old backgammon players. He was one of the New York backgammon players that switched to poker. Dan Harrington was another one.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
thats a nice victory . gives hope to the older poker crowd !

You are right like no one else. Compared to him, I feel like a young man. 😁 Maybe with years he has become calm, confident, and balanced. It's nice to see players of his age confidently demonstrating such achievements. I remember a conversation, not on this forum, about the level of play of Hans Hansen, and in response I heard that supposedly: it's not the same level anymore, no one plays like that now, and so on. But no matter how much I watched this guy's game, he's definitely not one who plays poorly.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yeah, Erik Seidel is a legend. I really like him both as a player and as a person. I always follow news about him.

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i am personally still a much larger fan of all of these "old school" players that came up in the 80s and 90s and maybe early 2000s, vs the majority of guys in the last decade or so (with a couple exceptions like jason koon and nick petrangelo the first that come to mind)... just the attitudes of the newer younger generation doesnt sit right with me often. they are either over the top arrogant or have zero personality whatsoever.